Stage 3 rear kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Had this kit installed Thursday plus the middle perch done. Jarrett and Corey with RPG were professional and a fun group to work with. I have not yet offroaded with the kit, however from street driving I can honestly tell the difference. My trucks rear just feels planted. So much more than stock it's ridiculous. Also driving windy roads I feel much more agile. Speed bumps are now launch pads, or if desired pillows in the road. And overall it's just how the truck ought to come stock. The stance is also dead sexy now. No more stink bug look. I'll have vids and pics in action within a week ( would be sooner but I'm in the ER with a broken elbow from snowboarding yesterday) overall I think it's safe to say this kit is everything and more that RPG has promised it to be. A must have for any raptor owner, street queens included

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had this kit installed Thursday plus the middle perch done. Jarrett and Corey with RPG were professional and a fun group to work with. I have not yet offroaded with the kit, however from street driving I can honestly tell the difference. My trucks rear just feels planted. So much more than stock it's ridiculous. Also driving windy roads I feel much more agile. Speed bumps are now launch pads, or if desired pillows in the road. And overall it's just how the truck ought to come stock. The stance is also dead sexy now. No more stink bug look. I'll have vids and pics in action within a week ( would be sooner but I'm in the ER with a broken elbow from snowboarding yesterday) overall I think it's safe to say this kit is everything and more that RPG has promised it to be. A must have for any raptor owner, street queens included

Awesome!!! Glad to hear that. looking forward to adding then to my truck mid year 2012

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Its even more awesome in the dirt!! You're going to love it! When are you going to test it out?

OP
OP
SoSmoked

SoSmoked

Reaction score
UPDATE:

WITH a broken elbow, and the help of 2 Vicodin...

I ventured out to my local spot to do a quick test run.... ended up turning into six hours of adventuring.

Started off in a mile long sand wash, truck engaged in 4x4H with TC off. Shifting from 1-3 and had no reason to go past 65 in 3rd. Had a ridiculous amount of traction in that wash, NOTHING like stock. NO wheel hop, when i powered threw turns, my wheels were actually on the ground and not free spinning in the sand. All in all, a big difference.

Then I moved onto an area which i have never explored... went about 30 miles back into the mountains on 'Power Line Road' which is exactly what it was, an extremely windy and dangerous road with about 2 feet of clearance between either side of my truck and a cliff. in 2x with TC off, generally i was holding 2nd gear and about 30 mph... however what i noticed here, was how stupidly grounded the truck was. While making 45-90 degree rights and lefts, the truck WITH TC OFF, would not break loose unless i forced it to. It was a good feeling which left me confident (more than usual) :waytogo:
Also along power line road, there was a serious of about 3 or 4 'speed bumps' of sorts... in 2nd/3rd gear roughly 40-60mph i will preload the truck and hit them all consecutively 20-30 ft apart. What i encountered here was the truck would take off strong, and land like kush. being so each one i progressed my speed and not once did i feel uncomfortable on the come down, and take off was as expected.

Then i fooled around and did some donuts, 1st/2nd gear, TC off 2wd. The place i go to 4x4 is rutted as **** almost anywhere you go... doing these donuts, i felt the rear just glide over the ruts, not harsh jabbing or kicking of the rear over the bumps like ive had before.

Also, the road in, is a bulldozed road that has nasty tracks from the dozer. I noticed the washboard which i had gotten accustomed to, is nearly 100% eliminated... truck does not bounce sideways at 40 like it used to. Instead i had traction, and total control of the rear...

All in all, everything considered, Id say you really cannot go wrong with this kit. Ive barely broken the ice with todays excursion, and i already cannot wait to go charge it even harder next week(hopefully have a camera man then to prove to ya'll what im talking about)

OP
OP
SoSmoked

SoSmoked

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965754.579788.jpg
As you can see the bump stop is doing its job

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965491.422446.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965491.422446.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 88
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965524.172464.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965524.172464.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 96
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965555.724845.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965555.724845.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 81
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965736.247073.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965736.247073.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
SoSmoked

SoSmoked

Reaction score
The frame bender... Not on RPGs watch however

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965803.199177.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965803.199177.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 117
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965821.498853.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322965821.498853.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 95

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The frame bender... Not on RPGs watch however

Thanks again SoSmoked, you and Andrew were great to hang out with. That kid is a laugh a minute. We will hook up soon and test some new stuff out:waytogo:

Jarrett