Stage 2 Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are their installation videos. They only have a Stage3 install video, but skip the part about the springs and you should be ok.

I helped one of the RPG dudes do it on my truck in Texas. It was made easier because they had a lift and a double swivel socket and big torque wrenches. But, yeah you should be able to do it if you have any idea what's going on...

Installation Videos | Raptor Performance Group

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As long as you have all the tools then yes, however, for $250 I had my local RPG dealer do the instal. :waytogo:

Agree, especially with the tools aspect for the Stage 2.

The torque required on the frame support bolts is impressive. I don't know what a torque wrench capable of those numbers (257 ft-lb if I remember correctly) would cost, not to mention trying to reach that number without a lift might add further to the challenge.

If I had to do it again, though I believe that I could do it myself (maybe with another set of hands), I'd still have it done at a shop equiped to work on trucks.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For just the Stage 2, the only tricky part is really the nut inside the frame rail. Watch the video and take note of the masking tape trick, and figure out if you've got a tool that will handle it.

Not sure what you exhaust is like - but if you're ever considering just chopping it off at the muffler go ahead and do that first, it will save you from having to remove the hangers, etc to get the stock setup out of your way.

Last edited:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on the bump stop kit. Is the Stage 2 a DIY job for the average person with decent mechanical skills?

Ah hell, just give it a shot. You can't hurt one thing on the truck. If it becomes to much to handle take it to a shop. You arent going to remove the leafs or anything like that so its real straight forward. Watch the stage 3 instal video and skip the leaf part. Real easy.

Call us to walk you through it.

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input!

I failed to mention that I do have a lift. I've just never done any major suspension work on any of my vehicles and wanted to confirm that there weren't any "gotcha's" that I needed to watch out for.

Since I'm not planning to do the leafs, I'm thinking I'll be fine (probably just jinxed myself). :crazy:

Last edited: