RPG Steering Tie Rod Install Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Many of you have never really had the chance to see a steering Tie Rod like the RPG unit. Unlike the factory rod, which is pretty straight forward with only a few parts. The RPG needs to go together in the exact order you will see in the video. Remember, this video is for educational value and getting a better understanding of the craftsmanship that goes into every Raptor Performance Group Part.

And as always, we have the tech line to walk you through any snags. But I think I made this video semi idiot proof so even I could follow along if I had to:crazy:

The RPG Tie Rod has nearly the double the strength center pins as others and is designed to withstand the harshest environments.

Designed from Hex bar so no flat cuts are required
300M Center Pins
FK Rod Ends with teflon liners.

New Project 3 - YouTube

Thanks for watching...

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys sell these in silver still or just black and blue? I feel like I've seen pictures of silver [RPG] tie rods before but don't see them on your website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of RPG tie rods for a ford raptor, it has 20k miles and stocks tie rod has already a free play. It has -12mm offset wheels on mid perch setting.
I m waiting for a pair of 1.5" race line uppers a arms too.
Thanks for the video guys, it will help to install the tie rods

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure these last a lot longer than the stock tie rods, but nothing lasts forever. How difficult are they to replace when the time comes? Also, with the red Loctite on the inner bolt, is it an option to switch back to OEM parts or another brand setup?

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Sorry, one more question. Compared to a standard ball & socket style tie rod setup, do these make any noise?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive had them for 30k miles and they don't make any noise. Throw some Teflon lube on them once a month or more depending on off-road use and they are silent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got this kit for my Gen 1 (2011). In the install video a single nut with no thread locking on it, my kit did not come with this nut. Do I just disregard the washer and lock it down to 80ftlb?
TIA!