RPG Stage 3 Rear Suspension Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agent_X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am getting ready to hit the road in less than a month. I will be changing duty stations from Fort Campbell, KY to Fort Bliss, TX. Yesterday I mock loaded my flatbed trailer with the wifes Ford explorer and got a lot of bed sag, too much to be comfortable driving with two kids for almost 2k miles. The trailer and car combined come in at approximately 7k lbs, so I am not exceeding anything. I started to look into solutions and concluded I either need a WD hitch or upgrade leafs and bumpstops. I don't want to buy a $300 WD hitch I will only use once or twice so Im leaning toward the route of just upgrading my rear suspension with +3 Deavers and Bumpstop kit. Will RPG or anyone running this RPG Kit let me know if it will be a well suited solution for my problem? If so, here is the question for RPG, can you PM how you guys can help me out the best?
Thanks in advanced.

attached is a picture of how the mock load setup looked.

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 145

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I am getting ready to hit the road in less than a month. I will be changing duty stations from Fort Campbell, KY to Fort Bliss, TX. Yesterday I mock loaded my flatbed trailer with the wifes Ford explorer and got a lot of bed sag, too much to be comfortable driving with two kids for almost 2k miles. The trailer and car combined come in at approximately 7k lbs, so I am not exceeding anything. I started to look into solutions and concluded I either need a WD hitch or upgrade leafs and bumpstops. I don't want to buy a $300 WD hitch I will only use once or twice so Im leaning toward the route of just upgrading my rear suspension with +3 Deavers and Bumpstop kit. Will RPG or anyone running this RPG Kit let me know if it will be a well suited solution for my problem? If so, here is the question for RPG, can you PM how you guys can help me out the best?
Thanks in advanced.

attached is a picture of how the mock load setup looked.
You should load that vehicle backwards so the weight is over the tandem wheels and not so much on the hitch weight for starters. I went with plus 2s from RPG and love them btw.

OP
OP
A

Agent_X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should load that vehicle backwards so the weight is over the tandem wheels and not so much on the hitch weight for starters. I went with plus 2s from RPG and love them btw.

That was my next thing I was thinking about doing, was load backwards and see the difference, only concern I had was I am planning on loading a dirt bike on the hitch of the explorer. Not quite sure how that would work out with the car loaded backwards.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
You can backup the explorer a bit to center the weight. RPG also has bumstop extension pads for the standard bumps.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would recommend the @RPG or @WSI HD springs, +3 for what you plan on doing.

How old are the kids? If you go with the bump stop pad extensions you may want to try driving with them first. They add a lot of bounce from the trailer into the cab. This is further exaggerated when sitting in the back of the cab. 2K miles with lots of bumps won't be a comfortable drive.

Here is my write up on the extensions.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=768611

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

Last edited:

Paratrooper84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image.jpg just as others stated man back that explorer up a tad bit..when you do look at the ass end of the truck as it rises. It looks a little much forward. Here's one of my 88 LTD Crown Vic on an all metal trailer and not to much sag. I can imagine my Ltd weighs just as much if not more it being solid steel lol. Also safe travels man, PCSing can be a pain with a family...if you happen to drive through southern OK let me know if you need anything brother.

Last edited:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please give us a call if you have ANY questions. We will be happy to discuss options. :)