RPG stage 3....leaf springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ernie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the folks with the RPG stage 3 mods.......did you go with the STD or Heavy Duty leaf spring set. Planning on having the mid-perch done on the front and the RPG 3 on the rear.....did not realize the STD spring set drops the rear by up to 1.5 inches....would rather not lose rear height if I don't have to (web site says HD drops rear by 3/4 inch), but I don't usually haul 500+ pounds in the box. At most, at some point I will occasionally haul a motorcycle on a trailer, but not off-road. Just wondering what folks (esp. those that don't routinely haul heavy weight) have done and how it works for them. Thanks.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it, and love the look of the squated rear and the way the truck handles.

That said, RPG can also customize the Standard Springs now so that you don't lose height, similar to what Deaver does with the +1, +2, etc. That way, you can have the HD height without needed 500lbs in the bed to get the performance you want.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have the stage 3. i have top perch and the 1 inch over national standard springs. i only haul my bike trailer. truck sits level and when i do haul the trailer it sits just a hair lower in the back. but my trailer in a enclosed low hauler. 14ft single axle. and i haul my street glide or dirt bike.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely get the Standards, you'll be much happier with them than the HD's since you don't haul much. That's what I did.

Mid perch/Standards has the same look (just shifted an inch down) of top perch/stock leafs

If your really concerned about it have RPG custom arch your springs so your rear isn't squatted. Oh and since you so close, have Rock and Roll do the install. you can order thru them and have them delivered there as well.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Standards for sure!! If you are not going to have 500+ pounds in the bed at all times your ride will be REALLY stiff! Mid perch and STD springs should be pretty level.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am very happy with top perch and standard national springs (at the time i had them installed that was the only option).. I would have installed +1, if i had the choice..

-Greg

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have standard and I'm on mid perch. I pretty much ride the bumps when I'm hauling the boat, but I do that conservatively. The offroad and onroad feel (not hauling) is awesome and way surpasses stock.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sure Jarret will chime in but the +1s will retain factory height while eliminating the blocks. RPG can do either spring. The ride is awesome and road manners are great. The do well carrying weight also. I run +1 in my truck

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the 3.0's up front, and standard nationals in the rear. My front sits high. If they offered them at the time, I would have gone with the +2. When I tow the pup with other camping gear, I just onto the bumps.

Joe

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the stage 3 with the HD springs. I plan on loading the bed with spares and tools. But have not yet.
The ride can be bumpy as the rear end tends to jump. so you may prefer the standard spring. I too believe that a set can be installed that will keep the level stance.
I did a trip from Phoenix to Portland with plenty of luggage n junk in the bed. Ride was just like stock.