RPG LCA Steering Stops Observation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With my stock LCA's there were 3 1/2 turns lock to lock, or 1/3/4 turns from neutral to right or left.

After the installation of the RPG LCA's there is 2 3/4 turns lock to lock, or 1 3/8 turns from neutral to right or left.

Tighter areas will require a little more skill to negotiate properly.

Is this about the same range others with RPG LCA's have observed?

Now the wait to get my 3" Fox Coilovers re-valved to accommodate the 3" front Fox external bypass shocks, which will soon be ordered.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't measured it by turns like you did, but I'd guess mine is about the same. Takes some getting used to. I laugh at myself when I forget and it takes me a six point turn to get into a tight parking spot.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard some people were grinding down the stops a little to get more turn radius? Someone said there was a thread discussing this. I got mine installed today and the turning is pretty bad. Six point turns are not a joke!

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, grind down the steering stop enough so that you're not squishing your bypass and you'll gain some more steering

I agree with taking a little off of the steering stop. The key is takeoff just enough and at a low steady speed. MotoMute posted the pics below showing the stops on his "we can rebuild it thread".

Attachments

• 3y3u8ude.jpg
    3y3u8ude.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 101
  • qe8eseje.jpg
    qe8eseje.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 108

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I talk to Corey at RPG today and he explained just what to do. I went to Home Depot an hour ago and bought a Dewalt 20w Cordless Angle Grinder. Tomorrow I'm going to get some steering back!

Thanks guys!

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another question-

I am on near-top perch on my Icon shocks. If I lowered my shocks, would that help? I am also going to grind down the front-side stops as Corey recommended.

My front-end was sitting pretty high after having my Icons adjusted, and I'm sitting even higher after they installed my LCAs and secondary shocks (roughly 3/4" - 1").

I'm concerned about my steering box, but I cannot live with the current turn radius. Is grinding the stops going to screw up my steering box or cv joints?

paj1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with the SDHQ gusseted spindles and Corey ground of the steering stops on the spindle and not the LCA.

Greatly improved the turning.