RPG kits for folks outside the baja

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live and offroad in the Midwest, I do not scream across the desert (though I would like to once in my life) and I don't think my axle has ever graced even the stock bump stops, except that time I jumped the railroad track. That being said, I still see value in upgrading the spring system, but don't know which way to go with that.

I see two main issues:
1) axel wrap/wheel hop
2) I have 411 hp, 434 lbft and a 1/2 ton payload. There's something inherently wrong with that.

What would you suggest for those of us not worried about bashing our frames and breaking our springs, just looking to eliminate wheel hop and increase payload?

OP
OP
firematt422

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess what I'm really asking is, would the National Springs HD (or Deavers +2,+3) effectively turn your truck into a Raptor F250, diminish wheel hop and how do they effect the ride in doing so (without the use of fabric metaphors like velvet, silk gloves, etc.)

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Standard Nationals and deavers will both decrease payload not increase it.

After I got mine I have to be careful in loading my 10' utility trailer otherwise the truck is riding the bump stops.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
I guess what I'm really asking is, would the National Springs HD (or Deavers +2,+3) effectively turn your truck into a Raptor F250, diminish wheel hop and how do they effect the ride in doing so (without the use of fabric metaphors like velvet, silk gloves, etc.)

National springs are a "progressive" spring rate. Meaning it progressivley gets more spring rate. There are ? 10 or more indivdual leafs that are progressivley shorter. 2 main leafs wrap around front spring bolt giving an extra layer of strength sould one of the main leafs break. Another bennifit of National springs is that the stock lift blocks are removed reducing axle wrapup.
National spring has been making custom springs for Many years, Ford racing used National Spring way back in the "Rough Riders" desert racing days (1990's). My National springs on my old truck are over 14 years old with NO problems. When RPG teamed with National Spring it was a "no brainer decision" for me.

Many rock crawlers use National springs for better articulation. Many leafs let the springs drop out or droop keeping tires in contact with the ground better than stock. In answer to your Non Baja usage

Last edited: