Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
So I'm doing the UCA's with the 1.5" bearing cup which are incompatible with the stock wheels.

I'm running Methods so no problem there but should I mess with getting a 5th Method and replace the stock spare OR just accept the fact if I ever have a flat on the front, I'm going to be moving one of my Methods from the rear since the stock wheel won't fit up there.

It'd be more of a hassle I know but how often do I get flats? Not much. And I don't ever use a 5 tire rotation either.

What do you think, Jarrett?

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you Rich! That was my plan for just running around town, but if I do a run other than TRR I'll have a 5th or 6th method. Right now I'm going to run a 35 spare for a while once the 37s go on because right now i'm at over 100k miles on mud grapplers with zero flats.

Remember dont forget the stock lugs at home. I wrapped up a set of lugs and put them by the jack for if/when I get a flat.

Haven't looked but what about carrying a spacer so you could run a stock wheel on front in a jam? You might be able to get a way with a shim style spacer, but haven't measured just throwing thoughts out.

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just keep the stock...it is not like you will run it for an length of time, not that it is a big deal, but the undercarriage mount is designed for the stock setup, so why waste money on a wheel and tire you will hopefully never use and if you do it should be for a short period....

Just don't mount the stock on the front...

Just my .02...

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going to Lil Sahara with us Rich? Tire issues in sand are painful to deal with and mine was just one corner (front of course). It took everyone's help, and thankfully WSI had a Hi-Jack that still barely overcame the sinking sand issue. If I had been on a desert run out in the middle of nowhereland with just one spare, it would have been game over. I am going with two matching spares so the good times keep rolling.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I'm doing the UCA's with the 1.5" bearing cup which are incompatible with the stock wheels.

I'm running Methods so no problem there but should I mess with getting a 5th Method and replace the stock spare OR just accept the fact if I ever have a flat on the front, I'm going to be moving one of my Methods from the rear since the stock wheel won't fit up there.

It'd be more of a hassle I know but how often do I get flats? Not much. And I don't ever use a 5 tire rotation either.

What do you think, Jarrett?

It's because you just said this publicly you are going to get like 5 flats at TRR, just kidding. I use to run 4 Methods with a stock spare and never had any flats so my personal opinion is too hell with it, run the stocker and hope you don't pop the fronts. Typically I'm the last person to ask this kind of question. I might be one of the most unprepared people on the planet. But if you do want to get a 5th, just give me a call and I will get you setup.