Mike P Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Looking forward to more pics after round 2!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I am heading back to RPG tomorrow to complete what I hope is the last round of changes :laughing1::laughing1::laughing1::laughing1:

This will include the following:

• Front Glass Fenders with Tuxedo black color matched paint finishing on the flares front and rear
  • Front and Rear fender wells linexed
  • Full RPG protection package with some custom touches (more to come on this)
  • Cut and reshape rear fenders to improve departure angle
  • Install Radio: ICOM F5020 Chase package
  • Install GPS Lowrance GPS and HDS-5 with LGC 4000 Baja Antenna
  • Iinstall 2x of the Diehard Platinum (group 65)
  • Install Painless dual battery set up
  • Install new DC 270 amp alternator
  • Install new Ducatti HID headlight assemblies
  • Install Magnaflow SS Dual Side Exit Cat-Back System

So wait, RPG said it did not rub with the 37s as is, do you think the Front Glass is a must with 37s even just to be safe?

paj1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So wait, RPG said it did not rub with the 37s as is, do you think the Front Glass is a must with 37s even just to be safe?

Its like everything in life, it just best if you are honest with yourself regarding how you are going to use your truck..

Even 35" tires rub on the liners at full compression so 37" tires would of course do the same. With standard wheels and backspacing you would likely be OK as long as you where gentile with her (assuming you folded or cut all of the pinch welds in the fender well and re-secured the fender well liner with screws or something similar) you will be OK, E63 (from the board here) has this exact combo and has had no problems.

However, as I went with the Methods and they have more back spacing the tire now makes contact with the fender flare (which is now the lowest point) and there is no trimming in the world that can fix this.

Also, knowing my personality, and how I drive I kind of knew in the back of my head that I would likely need glass fenders.. but I wanted to give it a go anyway and the first thing off road I did after getting my truck back was jump it at Barstow, which actually was not the telling factor, its nose diving into whoops that did the most damage as the jump as I was only going about 50 over the jump and the whoops might have been as high as 85..

So in summary, standard wheels + properly trimmed fenders + easy to moderate driving you will likely be ok, methods + spirited driving not so much...

paj1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some of the photos from Barstow..

Attachments

• air.jpg
    air.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 192
  • air2.jpg
    air2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 176

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great feedback. I am with you on know what you want to do with the truck and go from there.

Makes sense to replace the fenders as well for your driving level.

I seems you went in with a plan and tested and made your adjustments. Most people, myself included, just sometimes do not take the time to evaluate what they want vs. what they need. They just dump money and hope for the best.

Great looking truck, looking forward to your input along with pics.

Cheers,

-Fred

mx57

Reaction score
Also what makes a huge differest is having the 3.0's. I rode in jarretts truck a wild back and it just seems like it never bottomed out and we were hitting some big stuff. (Totaly cant wait for 3.0 and 37's) That same day I bottomed out my truck pretty good that I tore of the fender liner. I'm running methods on 35's. Maybe just over driving the truck a bit haha. The point is 3.0's are badass and maybe thats why Mike is not having any problems. but would not try 37's with stock shoks/fenders.

By the way Mike, nice truck! was wondering are you running heavy duty nationals or the standard??

paj1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick teaser for you guys..

I just got my truck back and it is freaken awesome... The boys at RPG went above and beyond with her...

I am going to take some photos this afternoon and post them up..