Fox DSC Group Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can only assume that different terrain may warrant different settings. As you get better you will go faster. Going faster in different conditions and terrain will no doubt require fine tuning your ride to your preference. You may want a different ride on the road than you do offroad. The ability to adjust on the fly adds a bit more versatility. .

Completely agree Randy. And I push my truck and myself while driving offroad. Just don't know if I'm ready for these yet.... I'm thinking next time the shocks need to be re-built that I'll upgrade.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i spoke to fox they told me that one would not need to replace the whole reservoir just the cap is this true.(not what i had thought) he also mentioned the valving would have to be a lot softer on the shock body. a real nice upgrade i hope to be a set it and forget it guy. however it is nice to have such a flexible option.

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in this upgrade, but after doing a little research by talking to others and techical support at FOX, I don't think this is as easy as bleeding of the air pressure, unscrewing the reservoir and reinstalling the new DSC unit.

The shocks must be removed to do this. and in order to reap the benefits of adding the DSC, the valving of the shocks should be modified to allow the softer settings. Otherwise the softest setting will be the current setup.

If someone could elaborate on this, that would be great. I just want to know going in what is involved. I have installed the RPG 4+ by myself, but rebuiding a race shock is not something I want to tackle. Sending shocks back and forth from Alberta to California is a PITA, so This has to be considered as well.

Considering the dual shock/LCA set up in the future, so need to figure out the upgrade process. No sense in upgrading if it's not required for this stage.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in this upgrade, but after doing a little research by talking to others and techical support at FOX, I don't think this is as easy as bleeding of the air pressure, unscrewing the reservoir and reinstalling the new DSC unit.

The shocks must be removed to do this. and in order to reap the benefits of adding the DSC, the valving of the shocks should be modified to allow the softer settings. Otherwise the softest setting will be the current setup.}end quote

my understanding is that the new setup is much more restrictive and if the compression valving is not set softer then even with the knobs set fully open the result be stiffer than before installation. some one that actually knows what the heck they are talking about (not me)should chime in about now.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Does anyone out there know if the kit includes a complete replacement of the remote res. or if just the top part is enough ?

Last edited: