First RPG'd Stage 3 on a 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally broke down and installed my RPG Stage 3 with National SD springs! Lugged everything into the bed of my truck, and headed to my buddy's shop in Hawthorne (NuImage Auto)... Sorry for the shameless plug but Sal was a big help and hey, if anybody else wants a stage 3 install he's now in the know! Here's a couple pics of the process...

3 week old parts coming out!
IMG_0297.jpg

So cutting a bolt with a plasma cutter an inch away from a gas tank is safe right?
IMG_0305.jpg

Stock leafs OUT!
IMG_0307.jpg

She feels so empty on the inside...
IMG_0308.jpg

Not anymore, BEEFY leafs IN!
IMG_0309.jpg

Frame brace installed and everything put back together.
IMG_0312.jpg

Closeup of the all new works.
IMG_0313.jpg

Hmmm is the rear supposed to sit this high now?
IMG_0314.jpg

And most importantly... SAFETY FIRST! lol
IMG_0311.jpg

Not sure if this is the same as in the 2012's but, on the passenger side front leaf bolt is also in the wrong way so I had to drop the exhaust to get it out. Not a HUGE deal, it was just kinda frustrating that Ford wouldn't just use a shorter bolt and flip it around. Usually at the end of any install, leftover parts are bad but I just couldn't figure out what these two little black "O-rings" were for... I was guessing their simply for marking how far the bumpstops moved? Now I'm ready for the Ride home from SEMA with the RPG guys! Thanks for making an already awesome truck that much better!:waytogo:

Josh

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yessir, most aftermarket shocks/bumps usually have the o-rings for checking. If you don't see it there one day, that means u bottomed out pretty hard, lol. No comment for height. Ill be going RPG in the future for my bracing, ect.... Looking aight there bud, keep it up!!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great Josh. Did you get the standard springs or hd? Did you get them pre-arched? What perch are you on up front?
The rear should be sitting lower with standards, and no added arch.

Joe

OP
OP
J0shM1lls

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great Josh. Did you get the standard springs or hd? Did you get them pre-arched? What perch are you on up front?
The rear should be sitting lower with standards, and no added arch.

Joe

Thanks guys! Yeah I went with the SD, I don't really plan on towing anything heavy enough to need the HD anytime soon. As far as the pre-arch I'm not sure to be honest, I didn't mention anything to Jarrett when I ordered. Maybe he can chime in for me if he remembers lol. I'm hoping I didn't install anything wrong (height a concern?)... So far I'm at the stock perch setting but I plan on moving to mid on saturday.

Last edited:

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you go to Mid Perch you will like it much better and it should level your truck out, at least that is what mine is like

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
move to mid, it will level it out and you will love the ride!
Get the alignment cams and get a good front end alignment. You will be good to go! :waytogo:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Looks good! The rear should settle about a 1/2" or so. When you go mid it should be nice and level. See you in Vegas!

OP
OP
J0shM1lls

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! The rear should settle about a 1/2" or so. When you go mid it should be nice and level. See you in Vegas!

Yeah it already looks as if it's settling in... You want to convoy with Mike, Felipe, and myself to Vegas? 4 raptor convoy would be badass.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

move to mid, it will level it out and you will love the ride!
Get the alignment cams and get a good front end alignment. You will be good to go! :waytogo:

You really think the cams are necessary for Mid-perch? I've heard mixed opinions...