F-150 Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One of the very first customers we had is a fine young military guy name Brian. He called up wanting to know what needs to be done to convert his F-150 into his very own Raptor. We told him a lot of work and money, why not just buy a Raptor? Well, like most young military guys money doesn't grow on trees, however, Brian's desire to get his F-150 working as good as a Raptor is priority number one. Since Oct, Brian has been sending us money here and there, buying parts in pieces and saving up the best he could to see his dream come alive.

This past Saturday we were finally able to dive into his truck and start to bolt on some of his hard earned labor. Everything went really smooth and the results speak for themselves. His once paltry little F-150 is now able to tackle the same sections of dirt as the rest of us. Even though he still has a long way to go, his vision of having his own quasi Raptor is coming along nicely.

Big thanks to Brian for allowing us to help him along with his truck:waytogo:

DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg
DSC_0047.jpg
DSC_0058.jpg

Next up, Tires

DSC_0062.jpg

Banned
Reaction score
off to a great start. just dont slap any Raptor badging on it!

raptrcrzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good. I wanna see some big tires on there and see it out in the dirt.

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good.

I'd like to see some more info on it. Year, engine, mod list, ect.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks killer!!!
Hey, who was it here said that the rear shock mounts on the regular F150 were not able to take the abuse claiming that the Raptor frame was different from the F150. He said that the Raptor rear shock mounts are made out of high strength steel. I got to look for that post...

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a question? Does a F-150 and a raptor have the same spindle and CVs?

The reason I ask is if you were to have 2.5 fox, LCA, UCA, Tie rods, and a sway bar could you bolt it on to an FX4 and go? Or do the Spindles and CVs have to be changed out? or even more stuff?

Thanks