Eric's Big Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Eric brought his truck in to get the same set up that Jarret's truck has. Full cage, dual front set up, bed cage w/ 18 inch fox shocks, while keeping its functionality as a daily driver. Pics to follow as the build progresses.

After gutting the insides we began tacking the frame in to place.

DSC_0529_zpsb5524155.jpg

DSC_0528_zpsfa46c984.jpg

DSC_0530_zpscad497a0.jpg

Getting the cage tucked away as possible so no head space is lost and the cage can be as concealed as possible.

DSC_0531_zpsa46891f3.jpg

ready for LCA/ tire rod install solid body mounts are in.

DSC_0527_zpsb00a0356.jpg

DSC_0533_zps15d05da2.jpg

shock holes will be cut tomarrow

DSC_0534_zpsa642886b.jpg

Stay posted for more updates and pictures of the final product.

-Jeff

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see more pictures of this truck. My truck will be in there after I get back from deployment for the same stuff, minus the cab cage. Gonna have to wait for that.

Work looks awesome guys!

Rob

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeff

Is this going to be a bolt in long travel rear shock mounting kit? I'm interested!

On another note the rear mounts seem low for swinging a 18" Shock, are we losing up travel these truck's need so badly

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Jeff

Is this going to be a bolt in long travel rear shock mounting kit? I'm interested!

On another note the rear mounts seem low for swinging a 18" Shock, are we losing up travel these truck's need so badly

I'm hoping I can give you first hand feedback in the next couple of months!!!!

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jeff

You would not lose up travel if anything it would stay equal. To gain up travel you have the option of notching your frame!. You will however gain quite a bit of droop travel. The reason we designed the cage low is so that the average person could keep functionality of their bed. Keep in mind this is a proto type and we still need to take it out for testing to see how well it performs. With this design it would be an easy bolt in kit that could be shipped to your door and installed your self.

So my question for those reading this is this.

If you were to do rear bed cage suspension. Would you want it low and out of the way or high and flashy so everyone could see that you are rocking a rear bed cage?

-Jeff