Custom Cage Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There comes a time when you will say, I'm driving too fast for not having additional steel around me. Having rolled in a truck 4.5 times without a cage, I personally found what needs to be strengthened. There are many ways to get the job done and everyone wants something different. Remember it's not a race car.

Attachments

• RPG Sunroof Halo.jpg
    RPG Sunroof Halo.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 183
  • RPG Rear X.jpg
    RPG Rear X.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 188
  • RPG B Pillar.jpg
    RPG B Pillar.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 184
  • RPG Back of Seat.jpg
    RPG Back of Seat.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 178
  • RPG C Pillar.jpg
    RPG C Pillar.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 174
D

Deleted member 12951

I do not see the normal V in the front windshield and the moonroof completely exposed. Is this cage designed to be a daily driver or will there be exposed tubes so you will still be better off wearing a helmet at all times?

Can't wait to see when its all finished.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would expect that the cost on these cages changes based on what the customer asks for but I was wondering if you could provide a price range for getting one of these installed.

As a side note, I saw one of these being built in the RPG shop when I visited a few months ago and it looked very impressive, the welding being done there is beautiful.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great Question about the V or X in the windshield. The biggest concern with the V or X is on applications that don't have a windshield. If you are to roll and skid on the roof, you don't want large objects to come into the cab. The V or X helps to keep objects out when you don't have a windshield. Fortunately we have a windshield. I will be more then happy to install a V or X at any time, but remember they limit visibility.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Cage work is all custom. We have 4 truck in the shop now and 2 outside waiting to get in. None are alike. $5000 to $12000 plus upholstery.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here are a few more pics

Attachments

• RPG A Pillar Front view.jpg
    RPG A Pillar Front view.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 156
  • RPG Dash Tube.jpg
    RPG Dash Tube.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 166
  • RPG Drivers Seat (2).jpg
    RPG Drivers Seat (2).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 166
  • RPG Drivers Seat.jpg
    RPG Drivers Seat.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 152

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did y'all get to the top of the tubes for welding? Doesn't look like the roof was cut off.

Maybe they welded the top first and then put it into place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what we do is completely build and weld the top section of the cage before raising it up to the top of the cab and joining it with the lower supports. this ensures a nice tight fit and looks really clean once the headliner is installed and interior is done.

we should have one of the trucks back from upholstery early next week we will make sure to post up some finished pics

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 127