Utility bed rack systems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I see a lot of you have custom bed racks built for off-roading(very nice by the way :headbang:), but what about utility racks?

What is your favorite truck bed utility system? For example I have some customers who purchased TracRac systems for their Ford Raptors and have yet to see pictures of one installed. Does anyone here have a TracRac or something similar on their Raptor?

If so, what is your favorite rack? (besides your wife's) :naughty:

tracrac-tracone-truck-rack.jpg

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trac Rac is the best I have seen. I am interested in a non permanent solution (without the rails) that can be taken on and off within a minute or two as my needs are just recreational and therefore would like to take them off or put them on in as little time as possible. Given that they are going to have to secure 4 longboard surfboards or paddle boards (8 ft to 12 ft in length) security (ie blowing off the rack) and being able to adjust spacing a bit are most important to me. If you guys are planning something new in this space, please let me know via pm.

thanks

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bed cover with ladder rack?

I'm looking for a bed cover solution that I can leave in place and an easily removable ladder/lumber type rack.

I see the BAK website has one shown.

What rack is that? Looks like a Roll-x cover. Does BAK make a rack like that?

OP
OP
B

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The best combo cover and rack system on the market today is the RollX/TracRac package. While they are completely separate systems with separate rails, we sell them together as they are 100% compatible with each other. Bak also makes the CS System available with the BakFlip which is a system and shares the same rails. Both systems can be seen at
BakFlip Truck Covers, BakFlip Tonneau Covers by BakFlip.
I prefer the TracRac/RollX as I believe the RollX is the best cover on the market today. Please call me for further discussion 800 653-7089 ext. 704...Morrie

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and the PM Morrie. I have a chance to buy a used TracRac G2 in great shape and am debating my options. I dropped $400 on an EXtang cover four months ago and hate to yank it off.

But now I find myself wanting the versatility of a rack every now and then. That 5 1/2 foot bed doesn't leave much room for lumber or a ladder. Really don't like the idea of leaving the TracRac rails installed permanently for the few times I'll use the rack tho.

Food for thought.