Revolver X2 (aka Roll-X XT or Roll-X HD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please don't shoot the messenger TaxMan:biggun:LOL I am just reporting what they tell me. But all kidding aside, I do think late April is a good date now as we get much closer. If anything changes I will let you guys know for sure.:roflbow:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to go back further. It was suppose to be released after SEMA. I have the 1st gen Rollx and have been waiting for over 6 months for the Revolver X2 to be released to warranty my 1st gen Rollx.

Let's hope it comes in April. I am sure Morrie has forgetten about me and so I prob have to start all over again and remind him about my 1st gen RollX falling part. GRRRR!

Morrie ... if you are reading this, my name is Khoi (I have not forgotten about you) and you owe me a Revolver X2 whenever it comes out. :)

I'm starting to see a trend here...

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be buying the older model from Morrie at a deep discount by the end of the month. They are deeply discounting the older Roll-Xs to make room for the new models. There's really nothing wrong with the older model for my purposes.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
WOW, tough crowd!

I have also bought the old model from Morrie at nice discount plus a rebate from Bak.

Can't wait to get it on!

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have the 2nd gen Roll-X and it's been great...but it has collapsed into the bed a few times. I know most of my problem is due to bedside wiggle. So I'm looking into some of the stabilizers, but I'm anxious to see how stout this new version is.

Until then... I just need to replace some of the hardware that has rattled itself free on my cover. I'm planning on Loctite-ing the hell out of it this time.

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have not forgotten you KHOI!

I am sure that all of you know by now that Bak was sold about 1 year ago. All new products that were announced, but not yet released were put on hold for review by the new owners of the company, THI. The THI people are much more about ready, aim, shoot, rather then ready, shoot, aim. They have a full time staff of engineers that works towards perfection before a product is released to the public. I am confident that the new Revolver X2 will make you feel that it was worth waiting for.....Thanks for your patience and understanding:winner_third_h4h:

You need to go back further. It was suppose to be released after SEMA. I have the 1st gen Rollx and have been waiting for over 6 months for the Revolver X2 to be released to warranty my 1st gen Rollx.

Let's hope it comes in April. I am sure Morrie has forgetten about me and so I prob have to start all over again and remind him about my 1st gen RollX falling part. GRRRR!

Morrie ... if you are reading this, my name is Khoi (I have not forgotten about you) and you owe me a Revolver X2 whenever it comes out. :)

OP
OP
P

permag

Reaction score
I've been waiting since Nov 2013 when I first saw it at SEMA, and it's always been a couple months out. I'm hoping THI fixes the security flaw while they're taking their time getting it right. http://youtu.be/hX2prQXg4Zs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Revolver x2 coming may 11th pre-order now!

BK_RevolverX2 smaller.jpg

I promised that I would let you know the firm release date for the new Roll-X now known as the RevolverX2. The OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE IS 5/11! We have been authorized to start accepting pre-orders as of today for shipment on 5/11. MAP price will stay the same as the Roll-X at $899. Please call or chat us up for more details www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/revolverx2.html 800 653-7089 ext.1

Revolver X2 FOR ILLUSTRATOR (20 of 50)-1.jpg[

The improvements to the RevolverX2 are listed below:
1) Larger 3/4" Locking Rails
a. Roll-X is 3/8” vs. Revolver X2 is 3/4" - Now Double the size for trouble free locking and superior off highway performance
b. Patented locking rail mechanically secures the cover the full length of bed (No Velcro!)
2) New Heavy Duty Locking Levers
a. Gussets reinforce the locking lever combined with thicker material used for added strength and to ensure latching every time.
3) Tail Panel Extrusion is made from 1 piece that Integrates Slam Latch mounting
a. Adds strength and provide consistent manufacturing placement of the latch on all systems.
4) New Mounting Plates
a. Plates are now formed to position bundle at the proper height without the need of shims
b. Plates now have a vertical standoff at bulkhead side for properly aligning the rails. Simply push the rail all the way forward until the rail bottoms out at the bulkhead (remove bumper if vehicle has a drop in liner). Consistent install method to BAKFlip now.
5) New Buckle Straps
a. Strap is now mounted to a mounting clamp on lower part of rail to remove rivets from the rail channel which caused a “bump” towards cab on the cover on certain applications
b. Buckle ends act as bumper at front of cover to prevent the bundle from shifting forward and touching the glass
6) Angle Shims and Spacer Shims now all pre-installed at the factory
a. No more guess work on what shims you need and where to place them. These will be pre-installed at the factory on all applications for an easy, hassle free and quick install.

Attachments

• Revolver X2 FOR ILLUSTRATOR (9 of 50)-1.jpg
    Revolver X2 FOR ILLUSTRATOR (9 of 50)-1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Revolver X2 FOR ILLUSTRATOR (7 of 50)-1.jpg
    Revolver X2 FOR ILLUSTRATOR (7 of 50)-1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 177