Great product - Roll X!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my Roll X about a week and a half ago. The installation was a bit time consuming for me, I tried like three times to get it all lined up perfect but the product looks good and performs great. After the heavy rainfall we had in Houston for about a week I can tell you this thing is a 100% dry! . I even had a new wood dinner table sitting in the bed of the truck for a few days and not even a drop of water in the bed.

Here a few pictures of my truck:

IMG_20130714_191811_407.jpg

IMG_20130714_191320_318.jpg

IMG_20130714_191250_809.jpg

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it hold up to really abusive off-road use? I know you Houston boys like to tear your trucks up on a weekly basis.

OP
OP
Jobsitefish

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I only know it keeps the beer and ribs dry after after multiple trips to the grocery store. A neighbor of mine, also a member on this site, did mention that the cover comes loose on heavy of road use.

I will only do some driving on the beach but nothing extreme. Hell I have not even used 4 wheel drive yet after a month of ownership. I am getting geared up for some beach driving.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't seem right that it would come "loose". He needs to tighten rails down with a socket or something.

My back snap closures of my roll-X do pop open when I have been offroad but it just kind of sits there due to the weight. Only bad part about that is then the insides of bed get dusty.

Nemesis

Reaction score
When off-roading mine will pop the latches and let dust in. A little annoying. I need to look into adjusting it to make the latches a little more durable during bumps. The cover in total has not moved though, nice and solid.

The big issue I have had was with the black felt on the underside coming unglued due to the excessive temps we had this year. It is still sticky, but it will not stay attached to the underside. It just hangs down and sticks to everything else.

Overall I love this cover. Just need to do a little tweaking.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered mine, should arrive today. I asked Morrie about coming loose while off roading. He said they just implemented a tweak to the rollx to address this. We'll see and I'll let you know.

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Nemesis: The felt thing has been addressed and you may qualify for a replacement cover. If you purchased your RollX from me, then please send me some pics of the felt hanging down. If you purchased from another dealer, then you should send an E-mail with the pics to [email protected]. I am very happy to hear about the waterproof properties of the Roll-X meeting your expectations. I personally think the RollX is the best cover ever made. I am trying to get Julian to consider some other coverings for the RollX....how about a Kevlar Roll-X? Would be expensive but very cool:)-)))Morrie

OP
OP
Jobsitefish

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't seem right that it would come "loose". He needs to tighten rails down with a socket or something.

My back snap closures of my roll-X do pop open when I have been offroad but it just kind of sits there due to the weight. Only bad part about that is then the insides of bed get dusty.

You are absolutely correct, that's what he referred to. I used very poor terminology .

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The felt hanging down was my only complaint. We had a couple days of 90 degrees, and the felt was just hanging down in the bed.

My truck slid off a boat ramp and was totally submerged - but the seal on the Roll-X was enough to float the back of the truck for a good 15 minutes. When the wrecker pulled the truck out, the rails on the Roll-X were bent a little, which I assume was from the force of the air holding up the back of the truck.

Glad the felt issue is being fixed.

Pokyoky

Reaction score
Thats an amazing story blockdoc! bakflip needs to put you in a commercial and pay you with a new raptor :Big Laugh:

Edit: should get my rollx this week. I will report back how well it works for me.

Last edited: