BakFlip VP upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTURR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morrie,

I'm looking to get the VP for my 2013 Raptor and I am hearing there is an upgrade to the original one.

Can you explain this and do you have a release date?

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Rapturr:
The original adhesive Bak was using on the rail seals was modified to better resist the high heat. All is now good with this issue.

Thanks,
Morrie

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The new adhesive was deployed several weeks ago, so what you ordered today will be just fine. Thank for your order!
Thanks,
Morrie

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Mr. Pork: To answer your question about what is wrong with older BakFlips, the answer is nothing at all. We are talking about just the BakFlip VP here on this thread. The VP has only been out for sale now for 3 months. Based on initial usage by our early customers, we found that the adhesive being used for some parts of the seals was not performing up to Bak's high standards in very high heat areas like Arizona, New Mexico, etc. Therefor the adhesive formula was changed to better stand up to the higher temperatures. This was limited to the VP model only. I hope this post addresses your post. If you would like to call me directly, please feel free. Morrie