The Bak XT line is coming soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tornitron

Reaction score
The RollX XT will have the same beefed up features of the RollX HD. The XT rails will allow you to mount all of the XT accessories, including the sliding bed divider.

Thanks. What was changed for the RollX HD? There isn't much info online about it.

Gotbitn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. What was changed for the RollX HD? There isn't much info online about it.

From the BAKindustries site,

Roll-X HD

Roll-X HD is new for 2014 and represents another leap forward in BAK Industries tonneau cover design. The front section of the cover is larger with dual mounting bolts for a more secure mount to the truck. The rear of the cover has also been extended to allow a more forgiving fit with trucks that have drop in plastic bed liners while eliminating the need to modify or trim the liner.

The largest advancement in the Roll-X HD is the larger locking rail. Now the Roll-X HD has over twice the locking ability so if you go off road or if you just want a cover that is more secure then Roll-X HD has the features you need most. Roll-X HD is stronger and more secure while still offering all the access and provides for mounting the most accessories than any other hard cover design.

And this about the Roll-x xt

Roll-X - XT

Roll-X XT is yet another advancement in Roll-X rail technology. BAK Industries has changed the game yet again. The new Roll-X XT model comes complete with a new accessory mounting channel inside the bed where a host of new accessories can be mounted. Now your Roll-X XT can accommodate The BAK Box 2, BAK Stop cargo divider, BAK Bike Rack, Tie Downs, Mag Lite clip on mount with swivel for illuminating the bed, side box options and more. The innovation at BAK Industries never stops and the Roll-X XT is proof that you can get the most out of your truck and mount even more of the accessories you need most with this new Roll-X XT design.

Gotbitn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates or more information on the Roll-x XT?
I have been checking here and on the BAK site daily for updates.
Would really like to see a video of one installed, the accessories for it and any improvements that have been made.

I don't even have my Raptor yet but this will be the first or one of the first things I buy for it. Would like to have it before my Raptor comes in.

OP
OP
B

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
coming soon...here are some pics of the RollX XT we are taking advance orders now for shipment in 2-4 weeks Here is a sneak peek at the RollX XT
Roll-X XT 39100XT-9.jpg

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe they will do something about the lack of quality on the hardware used to mount the tie down point on the F1

Will not be buying another Bak industries anything. Seeing how they have never responded to my question on the hardware rusting on a brand new F1 cover, and that others are all having the same issue.

Seems like its a rather ****** run company that does not car about its customers only selling more product and not addressing issues.

$800+ cover and can't take the time to address quality issues with the design means next purchase will be with a competitor.

OP
OP
B

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe they will do something about the lack of quality on the hardware used to mount the tie down point on the F1

Will not be buying another Bak industries anything. Seeing how they have never responded to my question on the hardware rusting on a brand new F1 cover, and that others are all having the same issue.

Seems like its a rather ****** run company that does not car about its customers only selling more product and not addressing issues.

$800+ cover and can't take the time to address quality issues with the design means next purchase will be with a competitor.
Since I was reponding to the XT post I was not expecting a post about the D-rings on the BakFlip. Fyi...Bak went to stainless steel D-Rings to eliminate the rust more than a year ago and the rudting issue has been resolved. The company was also just purchased by THI who also owns Extang, Undercover, and Retrax. I am confident that the quality of the Bak brand will continue to improve in the future.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I missed that switch to Stainless too.. got mine in April 2013 and they're starting to rust as well.