BAK VP Falling apart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my VP for about 1 year and a couple months now. Got the VP over the HD because I like the one piece look as well as the vinyl finish. Now it made it all through the heavy snowstorms last year and held up awesome in the rain. My things were always dry. Fast forward to the last couple of months and it has been leaking like a siv. My things have been getting soaked, tried taking it off cleaning the edges and seals and retightening all the hardware. Well that didn't work, as I now have to keep most things in the cab which is a real pain in the ass for smelly gear I have that I used to just store in the bed. When I go to close the cover I have to punch it down into locking position on one side because the locking mechanism gets jammed. Also the cover has started to bevel out. I have never sat on the cover, just opened and closed as normal when needed. To say the least I am extremely frustrated, especially after today, coming home from a long weekend it snowed and rained here in the north east. There is a solid sheet of ice on the cover, a little thick so I put some ice melt on it to break it up. Once I get all of it off, I notice the side seams are coming apart and it's a little more beveled. Says it has a 250 pound capacity and the ice did not weigh that much, nor has anything else that has been on it. I'm hoping you guys will help me out here, I just feel this isn't acceptable.

68e4020dd0e0b3e2cccdcd21a0b33e47.jpg

8b6e3f2c4022370a30ac82818709d5b1.jpg

4d32fab0c07c8397a40ad53405c5c111.jpg

73f8ec263c15fd2c6c2f617cbce49aa3.jpg

860a14be3c753569bb4afb91548af3a9.jpg

Last edited: