Tail gate step - really necessary?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSA Raptor

Reaction score
Just getting the final details done prior to ordering my SVT this week. Is the Tailgate step really necessary? I haul a lot of stuff in the back of my trucks and if it is something helpful I will add it, but I wanted to know the opinions of people that actually have it, not just the dealership.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've found that those who have them, like them. But, those who don't consider it an old man step. I personally couldn't bring myself to spending the $$$. Here is what I have. It has held up well and I can use it with the tailgate up or down. Hope this helps.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my Lariat I had before the Raptor, it came with it and I thought it would be stupid. After using it to move 2 times, and anytime you load/unload items it is great! When I ordered the Raptor, it was on the build sheet because if you use it, it is well worth the couple hundred bucks.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, I thought it was silly at first. Now after getting ready for the Raptor Run. It is great! My 5'4" wife can help me load and unload the truck now..

-Greg

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On my Lariat I had before the Raptor, it came with it and I thought it would be stupid. After using it to move 2 times, and anytime you load/unload items it is great! When I ordered the Raptor, it was on the build sheet because if you use it, it is well worth the couple hundred bucks.

At $200 I would have purchased it. It is $375 msrp or $311 invoice. Just saying!

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine came with one. used it once but being in construction and having a bad back and knees i think i will need it sooner or later.