Sony Nav Traffic Flow Overlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixaxle

Reaction score
Beginning second week with my 2012 Screw...Another question...Should I be seeing a graphic traffic overlay on my map? I get alerts for construction, lane closure..etc but I think there should be something that shows general traffic conditions on the map....Driving in Newark, Philly, etc.

The POS BMW X6 I traded had it and it was the only thing worth a shit on the whole car.

Anyway...great truck except for really poor headlights.

Thanks!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
It's a feature of Sirius TraveLink. It'll give you other things too like radar wx maps of the entire US, ski conditions, movie times, fuel prices and a few other things I can't think of right now.

If I remember right it's like $2.99 a month. I tried to renew mine and the idiots at Sirius decided that my truck wasn't capable of it so they wouldn't sell it to me. There's free trials of it that seem to last almost a month once in awhile though, so I still have it from time to time.

OP
OP
S

sixaxle

Reaction score
I have all that crap working...weather...fuel price...movies....ski....

I need traffic!

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current Jeep has this and it is under the Sirius Travelink menu, I click on traffic and then map, shouldn't be much different.

ernie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the overlay feature (that shows arrows in different colors on the NAV depending on traffic) is actually Sirius Traffic, which you can get separate from the TravelLink feature....at least that's what I did when I renewed (with a "special" price) after the first 6 months. If TravelLink adds anything to the overlay (which it might?), at least I'm not missing it by not being there :)

http://www.ford.com/sirius-flm/travellink/

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have all that crap working...weather...fuel price...movies....ski....

I need traffic!

All of these features fall under Sirius Travel link. The traffic overlay should show as red, yellow, or green depending on traffic flow on major roads. If you don't have this feature contact Sirius ASAP.

I agree with you that the travel link feature was one of the better parts of having Sirius. Good luck.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may even try your settings... I believe I've seen somewhere the option to disable the traffic overlay. Maybe yours is just "off"?

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet another bad review on headlights. Im really not looking forward to driving at night until I at least get some decent fogs. One week till delivery...hopefully!?