So you think YOU'RE having a BAD DAY....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craigcoram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When some IDIOT runs a stop sign this is what happens to BRAND NEW truck with 8XX miles on it.

Last edited:

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! atleast youre okay the damage seems really bad!! even the running boards went missing!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn brother... What speed was the impact? I think that the damage looks pretty minimal compared to what it would possibly be in an average ride. I love these Raptors for safety and protection!

Hope that you're feeling well. Take the opportunity to get some frame supports and perhaps some running boards/rock sliders from one of our vendors during the repair!

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The sad part is I doubt they will total a $55k+ vehicle and you'll be stuck with his mishaps when you go to resale it! I hate ppl that don't pay attention. Good luck with everything my man, hang in there! My wifey had to run a red light yesterday because a truck would have rear ended her. She wound up getting stopped by a cop and since he saw everything, he let my lady go without a ticket for defensive driving.

12' Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
08' SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80GPS

Last edited:

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks! I have to agree with Swoop & to look at it as an opportunity to do some mods. Good luck with getting it repaired quickly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
craigcoram

craigcoram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sad part is I doubt they will total a $55k+ vehicle and you'll be stuck with his mishaps when you go to resale it! I hate ppl that don't pay attention. Good luck with everything my man, hang in there!

12' Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
08' SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80GPS

EXACTLY my main concern. I mean these truck set right now they are still basically worth near MSRP. Not anymore. Probably a $7 - $10K hit on final value not counting repair costs. BTW, HER mishaps.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The damage is low on the truck. What hit you. The person must have been moving to do that damage to your truck

How do they make you whole on a basically brand new truck? do they try to fix it or do you get a new one

Wow. Your running board just snapped.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
some states allow for you to recover diminished value - the amount of loss due to having a wreck on the carfax. you need to find out if your state allows it. even if they don't, reach out to her insurance company and inquire, they might write you a check anyway. you never get the entire amount, but if the truck takes say a 8k hit, you would get around 5k.

two Christmas' ago, our garbage man had the bright idea to back into our dead end street instead of having the can monkeys walk two houses down... apparently he didn't see the $95k Range Rover that was parked in front of my house. I ended up getting $4,500 from their insurance over and above repair costs. I was lucky, I only lost about 1,200 on the sale because the repair was so good.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This just made me sick. That SUCKS!! I always view accidents as UPGRADE time, unfortunately most of your damage looks non-upgradable - just body stuff. I would absolutely go for real rock sliders instead of replacing the running boards with stock though.

I hope it all gets fixed for you. My truck is still new (3,000 miles) and I can't imagine how upset I would be.