Screw or Scab??? help fast!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went Crew because I plan on keeping it long term and having kids in the next few years. It will be more practical for everyday use and towing, but still fun for offroading when I want to.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think scabs are faster, not because of limitations on the truck (they are the same) but because the guys that buy scabs over screws. Screws are for" the kids", for towing the boat, guys that are "settled down", but still want the cool guy shit.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My F150 was screw and I was hesitant to go to scab Raptor but I love it! Still a good amount of room, a little smaller but very practical. Scab was a great decision for me, plus a lil cheaper.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well as wsi pointed out, im just a family guy who wants a badass truck.........

It's like a big minivan for you, your going to have little people sticker in the back window, baby on board tag and that sad look on your face as I blow past ya! Hahaha, come on I'm just playing, need some humor in.my day as i work all Sunday at the shop!

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a SCAB and have a 6 month old at home and it is a bit tough with the car seat. I love the look of the SCAB much better, but if you have a family or need to put a car seat or two in the back then the SCREW is a better option I think. I have had several adults ride in the back of the SCAB and seems like decent room, but the car seat really doesnt work as well as I would like. Its serviceable but not ideal. In the end I still went with the SCAB and just make it work. Good luck with your choice.