Remote lock/unlock and start range

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a range issue with mine (2011). I narrowed it down to my E-Z Pass transponder interfering with the remotes antenna, which is located at the rear view mirror. I traded the transponder in, for one located on the front of the vehicle. Problem solved!

This is just for clarification, the factory installed remote start antenna is located between the glove box and the passenger side air bag on the backside of the dash. If you add the bi-directional remote start to your truck you get a second antenna that is suppose to mount at the inside rearview mirror.

I have added the bi-directional remote start to my Raptor and the range is excellent plus you get the benefit of the vehicle security system as it must be added also. I would estimate the range is increased 5-10 times depending on where you locate the bi-d antenna. Here is the link to my install http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/vehicle-security-system-remote-start-upgrade-39422/ .

Last edited:

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am going to run a couple tests either way, one with the ez pass in its current location and one without the ez pass in the truck

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I am going to run a couple tests either way, one with the ez pass in its current location and one without the ez pass in the truck

Ditto. I may have to do the same just for grins.

Spencer4336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had remote start added from ford to my 2012 and its not as strong of a range as my jeep wrangler i had it on:mad: