Remote lock/unlock and start range

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Limited range is one thing but less than 20ft is bs. What flipping good is that? I would be hitting my dealership up as a warranty item for that one, I think.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Limited range is one thing but less than 20ft is bs. What flipping good is that? I would be hitting my dealership up as a warranty item for that one, I think.

I may have to schedule something...

B.Martin

Reaction score
I'm late the discussion but I can confirm I can start mine up from pretty damn far away!

I've never considered quite how far, but about 10-12 spaces sounds about right.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a range issue with mine (2011). I narrowed it down to my E-Z Pass transponder interfering with the remotes antenna, which is located at the rear view mirror. I traded the transponder in, for one located on the front of the vehicle. Problem solved!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a range issue with mine (2011). I narrowed it down to my E-Z Pass transponder interfering with the remotes antenna, which is located at the rear view mirror. I traded the transponder in, for one located on the front of the vehicle. Problem solved!

interesting i am going to have try that as i also have an ez pass up by my mirror

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
interesting i am going to have try that as i also have an ez pass up by my mirror

I actually gave mine to my wife (because it was brand new), and then turned hers in for one that mounts to the front plate. I mounted the new one behind the grill to keep it out of harms way. Now my remote start range is back to where it was before getting the windshield mounted transponder. win!