Remote lock/unlock and start range

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The range of 2012 remote seems to be a little farther than 2011. The 2011 was about 4-5 rows away, the 2012 is about 10-11 rows away.

Same parking lot, same parking spot, same time of day, etc..

Could be newer battery, or something else. Definately a difference between the two..

-Greg

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
cool. Thanks' for letting the new owners know they are getting a good product.

Last edited:

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The range of 2012 remote seems to be a little farther than 2011. The 2011 was about 4-5 rows away, the 2012 is about 10-11 rows away.

Same parking lot, same parking spot, same time of day, etc..

Could be newer battery, or something else. Definately a difference between the two..

-Greg

I have noticed the same thing. Surprisingly good distance on my 12 - better than any vehicle I have owned.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but there is a difference in range between lock/unlock and remote start. You have to be a little closer for remote start to work.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can remote start mine from my 2nd floor office window if it's in the parking lot about 100 feet away. It does have to go through glass, but good line of sight. It also starts from anywhere inside my house (that I've tried) when it's in my driveway.

Pretty happy with it.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 I can start from inside the movie theater, or anywhere in the house, and thats pretty far too...

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Touch the fob to underneath your neck/chin it will increase distance

that is true. you're using your head as an antenna lol but it does work.

I definitely need a louder exhaust on my truck. I remote start it from inside and always have to listen very carefully to hear if it worked. So far it always has, but I like hearing the grumble outside lol