Raptor Fail...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello All,

It is with regret and despair that I will NOT be getting a Raptor. For the past two months of working with my dealer, it just isn't going to work. Instead I will be getting a 2012 Ford F150 FX4 ecoboost, to replace my 2010 FX4. I hope all of you will still let me loom here and chat. With the occasional drool over all of your Raptor's...

At first I and just going to give the '12 a 2.5in lift/levelling, and some rims and tires.

Lastly, My dealer told me I cannot isntall a Cold Air Intake without voiding my warranty. He said "anything that can be related to the intake" will NOT be fixed under Warranty...any truth to this?

Jeff. (InvertedAerials)

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

It is with regret and despair that I will NOT be getting a Raptor. For the past two months of working with my dealer, it just isn't going to work. Instead I will be getting a 2012 Ford F150 FX4 ecoboost, to replace my 2010 FX4. I hope all of you will still let me loom here and chat. With the occasional drool over all of your Raptor's...

At first I and just going to give the '12 a 2.5in lift/levelling, and some rims and tires.

Lastly, My dealer told me I cannot isntall a Cold Air Intake without voiding my warranty. He said "anything that can be related to the intake" will NOT be fixed under Warranty...any truth to this?

Jeff. (InvertedAerials)

Thats ok... The boost is awesome!!! I can imagine that on the boost they might be a lot more picky since its a new setup.. but, if you do just remove it before you take it in for service.. if you want it what the hell... its not that hard to do...
I can get ya a x-plan pin if ya need it...

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That BS that you aren't getting a Raptor, Jeff. What kind of deal did you want that they couldn't make?

Not sure about Canada, but I know that here in the US we have a "warranty act" that prevents dealers/corporations from denying warranty work related to aftermarket parts unless the part itself is the specific cause of failure.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I live in Toronto.
I asked my dealer and he said its okay for cold air/exhaust. void warranty if you install headers(then again i heard it's ok because its hard to prove it) or using a tuning software(but you can revert the truck to stock tune anytime and they wont be able to prove it again)
Your dealer told you that you cannot get one? that's BS!!

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
That BS that you aren't getting a Raptor, Jeff. What kind of deal did you want that they couldn't make?

Not sure about Canada, but I know that here in the US we have a "warranty act" that prevents dealers/corporations from denying warranty work related to aftermarket parts unless the part itself is the specific cause of failure.

Hey Swoop!

It's mostly $$$. I have a nasty trade. I currently have a 2010 FX4 that has 38,000mi on it. I can use my x-plan on the FX4, but not on the Raptor.
$#!@ !!! My dealer has 4 2011's on his lot and a 2012 in Sliver (no options). But If I'm going to be spending $70,000 +, I want it to be an ordered truck. Which brings the tally up to $84,500. Don't forget, our gov't has 15% tax on Vehicles.

I have tried everything. Even financing the damn thing over 84mos. It's still $1,050mth.

Lastly, I put on 35,000mi to 37,500mi a year. In a Raptor...it's a LOT of Fuel.

Also, it should be known that our furl price is $1.30/L OR $5.20Gal.

Interesting FYI...I drove an Screw FX4 and an Screw Raptor today. Both on a 50mi Loop. The eco was 10% better on fuel...but that was it. However, with the amount of driving I do, it will amount to about $1,000 to $1,200 a year. ... I have no idea what broken in engines difference will be.

I know that is a LONG winded answer...but I have been trying for months. I think it's time to just say ... I'm Done.

Don't get me wrong, the FX4 is a Gorgeous Truck and I am sure I will be very Happy with it. I keep telling myself that it's olnly 14ftlbs torque difference. But when you calcualte the FX4's 3.73 vs the Raptor's 4.11. ... Nevermind, I'll start crying again. LOL!

Jeff.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

I live in Toronto.
I asked my dealer and he said its okay for cold air/exhaust. void warranty if you install headers(then again i heard it's ok because its hard to prove it) or using a tuning software(but you can revert the truck to stock tune anytime and they wont be able to prove it again)
Your dealer told you that you cannot get one? that's BS!!

I was living in Markham up until a year ago. I wonder in the 2% tax difference would matter. LOL!

Did your dealer take any $$$ off the MSRP?

Jeff.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to try and make it harder on you but when you lift and put on heavier wheels and tires the ecoboost economy will suffer

Banned
Reaction score
Raptors are friggin expensive up there!

yes they are. however highest ive seen is 68K....

this guy should seriously think about getting from the states lol. coud get one soooo cheap.

if you havent already made the deal on the 12 fx4, talk to randy... maybe a raptor will happen after all

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes they are. however highest ive seen is 68K....

this guy should seriously think about getting from the states lol. coud get one soooo cheap.

if you havent already made the deal on the 12 fx4, talk to randy... maybe a raptor will happen after all

We have talked, and I can't help him out. His trade-in makes it super tough.

Plus I can ONLY do USED Raptors NOW, north of the Boarder. :shocked:

Ford has WARNED ME VERY VERY STRONGLY, DON"T EVER EVER EVER SELL to Canada.................PERIOD (again) :baby:

Banned
Reaction score
We have talked, and I can't help him out. His trade-in makes it super tough.

Plus I can ONLY do USED Raptors NOW, north of the Boarder. :shocked:

Ford has WARNED ME VERY VERY STRONGLY, DON"T EVER EVER EVER SELL to Canada.................PERIOD (again) :baby:

Damn! well that sucks then!!

why did they say that? those bastards.