Quick question: Locked out of settings and info in Message Center???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMann2380

Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up my Raptor last night. When I got home I went through the settings in the instrument panel (4.2" screen) to turn off easy exit, courtesy wipe, etc. But now today I can't get back in there; when I scroll up and down it just skips settings and info and go back to the top?

I'm sure this is easy, but I searched and searched, read the manual, tried it with the truck running, off, drive, park, etc???

Please help :Grenade:

OP
OP
JMann2380

JMann2380

Reaction score
just tried mine. once you get to my settings you arrow right and down. unless yours is locked up. may try to disconnect battery. and try again

It doesn't even let me get to the settings prompt to arrow right or left. It just skips Settings and Information all together and jumps right back to the top.

Everything else is working good, definitely not locked up.

AndyMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't even let me get to the settings prompt to arrow right or left. It just skips Settings and Information all together and jumps right back to the top.

Everything else is working good, definitely not locked up.

Maybe try your other key? It might have something to do with the programable "MY Key" because you can set certain settings and you wouldn't want who ever has the "My Key" to be able to go back into the settings and change them (if that makes any since lol).

OP
OP
JMann2380

JMann2380

Reaction score
Maybe try your other key? It might have something to do with the programable "MY Key" because you can set certain settings and you wouldn't want who ever has the "My Key" to be able to go back into the settings and change them (if that makes any since lol).

Hmm thought about that. I don't have the other key here at work. That has to be what it is.

Is there anything distinguishable between the keys when looking at them?

-josh

AndyMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm thought about that. I don't have the other key here at work. That has to be what it is.

Is there anything distinguishable between the keys when looking at them?

-josh

Not that I'm aware of, though it would probably be a good thing if it did have something for the owner to distinguish it by... I just know it took a buddy of mine by surprise when he grabbed the other key one morning and couldn't go above 60mph on the freeway... lol

Needless to say when he got home he instantly put the other key in the truck and disabled all the my key settings since he probably will never borrow a key to anyone he doesn't trust or isn't with at the time (dealer maybe set them for him, not sure, i've never tried my other key might have to now ha).

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I had set my preferences in the Edge over the weekend and then yesterday they're all f'ed up again. Must have been using the other key.:dancingpoop:

AndyMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried the other key when I got home, same issue???

That's not good, I can't say for sure, cause I thought that was going to be it. I've sent a text to a friend of mine who is a tech at a ford dealer to see what he thinks/if he's seen it before and will post here as soon as I hear something but if your dealer is close you may just want to stop by and ask them.

Another option that comes to mind would be to pull the negative cable off the battery for 10-15mins and see if that resets it; sorry I can't help more....

OP
OP
JMann2380

JMann2380

Reaction score
Yeah I called my dealer, they had no clue. I'm gonna drop it off Saturday to have them take a look. Thanks for checking into it.

-Josh