Questions about Invoice pricing:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJEPs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 2012 SCrew and was quoted one thing. Got to the dealer who then told me the price went up because he forgot to add the:

1. Fuel Charge
2. ADV Fee (advertising fee)
3. MDA Assessment (whatever the hell that is)

Is this stuff that the manufacturer actually charges the dealer or is this some crap he decided to pull at the last minute?

Is $1200 over invoice a good price or am I getting hosed? Opinions?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
He's ******** with you. 1200 over invoice is about 3,000 under sticker isn't it? I'm in SoCal anda dealers are asking up to 12,000 over sticker to one off the lot. I can order one for $1000 over invoice from the same dealer. 1200 over invoice for an order seems reasonable.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered my 2012 SCrew and was quoted one thing. Got to the dealer who then told me the price went up because he forgot to add the:

1. Fuel Charge

Is this stuff that the manufacturer actually charges the dealer or is this some crap he decided to pull at the last minute?

My understanding is that this is normal and included as part of "Invoice" price. You can do better than $1,200 over. You can find $500 over if you do some hunting/research - and of course are willing to wait for an order.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

1. Fuel Charge

BS dealer fees. If they feel the need to charge these, shop elsewhere.

Randy doesn't charge them. MSRP -3k and it's yours.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a good price but that doesn't make it right that he changed the price.sounds like he needs a little extra for his valentine.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't that just be like a dealer/handling charge? 1200.00 over is not that bad.

No, dealer handling charge IS something the dealer charges just for profit. It is a separate negotiable line item.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

BS dealer fees. If they feel the need to charge these, shop elsewhere.

Randy doesn't charge them. MSRP -3k and it's yours.

MSRP includes these fees, so you are paying them with the -3K

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's ******** with you. 1200 over invoice is about 3,000 under sticker isn't it? I'm in SoCal anda dealers are asking up to 12,000 over sticker to one off the lot. I can order one for $1000 over invoice from the same dealer. 1200 over invoice for an order seems reasonable.

Not quite true,
if you are using the $$ amount that shows as invoice, off one of the build sites, it DOES NOT include FDAF (advertising assessment) & fuel charge.

don't know or have I heard of MDA

This is WHY I sell my Raptors for -$3000 OFF MSRP YOU KNOW EXACTLY What you are paying, WITHOUT ALL the BS.

randy

Last edited:

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all depends where you live... In big cities with a ton of dealers to choose from, that is NOT a good deal. However, some smaller cities or areas you don't have as much competition, and even coming off MSRP can seem like a deal.

So in short... Yes, those fee's seem inflated... But no, it's not. "terrible" deal depending where you live.

$1200 over invoice is what, $3500 off sticker still?