Possible record delivery time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LD50

Reaction score
I got an email from my dealer today that took me completely by surprise. Pictures of my 2012 blue screw. I was actually amazed and am still unprepared. I ordered 11/21 and was prepared for the wait, no big deal to me. I got a build week of 1/13 and was able to look at the window sticker about the middle of last week. More to come on that part. From what I can interpret from the sticker the truck was actually built on 1/14 and was at the dealer on 1/17. I'm still shocked about that part. The worst thing is my schedule sucks at the moment so it's going to be difficult to go pick it up. I work nights and half the time my days and days off are littered with meetings or other overtime assignments. It makes it a little difficult to schedule but I can't complain, that's what is paying for the truck in the first place. It also gives the dealership a little time to adjust the front perch before I ever pick it up.

Now for the downside. I originally ordered the truck and asked for the front camera. My dealer had the same problem some others are having and thought he had it ordered. When I looked at the window sticker, I could tell it wasn't there. I told him about it and he immediately addressed it with the regional rep and requested the change. It was pending factory approval and Monday it was approved. Truck came in and from what I'm being told, no front camera.

Any suggestions from anyone? Please, no rants against the dealer. It was a mistake and they've been great to work with. I can definitely see how it can slip through the cracks, especially since you can't even find the option on the build site. What are the options to make this right? I'm still stoked about the truck but it's a little bit of a letdown since this will probably be about the only truck I'll ever buy new and I'll probably keep it until the wheels come off. Because of that I went all out and optioned it how I wanted it. I'd like to think there would be a way to add the camera after the fact but from what I'm hearing it's not looking promising at this point. Sounds like it's tied in to too much of the electronics and that there are some significant differences between trucks with and without it.

I'm planning on picking it up Monday, so let me know what you all think.

Binks

Reaction score
I'm missing the front camera too. I just thought it'd be cool but the more I think about it, the more I realize I probably would never use it. Mine gets built Monday, ordered it Dec 16.

TheJEPs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely sucks because you aren't getting what you ordered. On the other hand, there is a reason for everything, and it is probably one of those things that seem neat at the time but you end up never using. My $.02.

mrmitchell

Reaction score
Ordered mine December 9th. Picked it up yesterday. Haven't turned front camera on yet but it's there. Missing the front camera option is easy to do because it's an additional $525 option. I ran into two dealers who thought if they ordered nav with the backup camera it came with the front camera too but that is not the case.

Last edited:

hardknocks

Reaction score
When they print out order confirmation, be sure to check line by line. Front and rear camera are 76F.