Policy for cancelling orders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

droppinbombs

Reaction score
any of you guys know what the policy for cancelling orders are? like for instance how much time you have after placing your order to cancel without being hit with a penalty or whatever else they might throw at you?

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not if you use a credit card. I placed an order for a 2012 scab back in August 2011. The dealer was telling me that my truck would be delivered in 8 weeks. At the 12th week I got fed up with waiting and found a fully loaded 2011 scab built 9/2011 and then I cancelled my order. I contacted the dealer in writing and then forwarded the documentation to my credit card company and I got my deposit back.

2011 Ford F150 Raptor SVT Molten Orange - Roush CAI & Exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

droppinbombs

Reaction score
yeah i kind of figured that. i'll fight tooth and nail to try getting it back by complaining about the salesman or something. i found a silver 12 screw not to far from home that the guy was gonna give me some good numbers with compared to what the ordered truck was. reading these post and some of the waiting stories i have heard guys talks about scares me with having to wait months for truck even thought the sales guy told me 8 weeks give or take. the give or take is what worries me.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I waited 12 weeks for mine, in early 2011. Exactly the length of time my dealership told me I would have to wait. From what I understand, 8 weeks is about the norm now. Give or take. :yawn::yawn:

OP
OP
D

droppinbombs

Reaction score
8 weeks isnt so bad. Once i get my DORA or VIN and can just completely cut the salesman out until truck gets here it will be less painful.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any of you guys know what the policy for cancelling orders are? like for instance how much time you have after placing your order to cancel without being hit with a penalty or whatever else they might throw at you?

The policy is at your dealer's discretion. The dealer isn't going to have any problem selling this truck. So it shouldnt be a big deal. Just ask.