Picking Up Tomorrow - Upsell Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theglide

Reaction score
Hi All,

Picking up my 2012 Silver Screw tomorrow morning. I'm anticipating the normal car dealership upsell grilling and could use some of your input -

What upsells did you turn down, were there any you accepted? ie, rust proofing, extended warranties, yadayada..

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Can't wait to let her rip!

Will post photos after she's home..

Milhouse

Reaction score
The last time I looked you can get the 7 yr 75k warranty for around $1200. I can't think of any other up sells you'd want.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They will probably try to sell you the rust proofing and under coating and / or the warranty.

I wouldn't take either unless you get them down to 40 to 50% off.

Congratz! You're gonna love it!

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer sold me a protection plan for the leather and paint for like 400$ but it covers everything even rips punctures stains .i got that and 7yr,warranty.

ArmyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned down everything. After dealing with Ford with the extended warranty on my 2008 F150 I found out it wasn't worth much more than the paper it was printed on.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ford warranty is the only thing that has kept my excursion on the road. ive gotten more out of it than i paid and then some!!

I signed up for mine last night. my wife is the finance manager at the dealership. i just wanted to get that out of the way before i tell you what i bought.

GAP. i know raptors hold value well, but i see benefit in it. not just that but when you sell, you get money back from that policy if you never have to use it. this is the first year ford sells gap on commercial vehicles. gap covers the difference in the loan amount versus the value of the vehicle upon the event of a total loss.

3yr/60K ford premium care. cheaper than fixing anything out of warranty. aftermarket warranty companies arent worth the paper they are printed on. ford is different.

Lo-Jack with early warning.- Here in south texas trucks like mine get stolen and used to transport illegals and drugs, then get dumped. here this is almost a necessity if you would like to get your truck back quickly.

OP
OP
T

theglide

Reaction score
Well here she is - 2012 Raptor - I love it. Picked it up today.

I ended up getting the 75000 mile warranty and a maintenance package.

Still shopping for a tonneau cover and ladder rack, but no rush on that part....

Attachments

• IMAG1801.jpg
    IMAG1801.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 112
OP
OP
T

theglide

Reaction score
Sweet as truck! Congrats!

Yeah thanks, it's totally stock, and it just absolutely rips. I enjoy every second I'm in it.

I'm sure I overpaid on the warranties and protections and service plans (leather protection, ding repairs, total mechanical coverage, yada yada), but I have 2 boys, 4 and 6, and I don't want to be stressing out if they drop their yogurt and then spill a juicebox and all the normal things they do.

Now I can just relax (the whole point of buying the truck), and we can go have fun.

I still can't believe these things are legal. How fun is that?