Picked up my new Raptor yesterday and have a few comments!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally, I picked up my loaded Black Screw yesterday. It's all of what I've been waiting 4 1/2 months for but, that doesn't mean it's perfect. Did anyone else notice the light shining through the edges of the moonroof when the solid panel is closed? It was making me crazy so I performed the first of many mods to come. The easy fix was to add a pc of 1/4" foam weather stripping along the front edge, 5 minute job that solved that problem no more light.
Mod #2 was to replace the long antenna with a 14" stubby.
#3 I added a new ball hitch to protect the rear from old ladies parallel parking behind me.
#4 I painted the exhaust tips with high heat black paint.
#5 windows being tinted on friday.
#6 New XD series black rims next week.
#7 Rhino lining spray in bedliner 2 weeks.
#8 Pace Edwards bedlocker retractable bed cover 2 weeks.
and then I'll think about a tune.
Chaching $$$$ here we go again but I love it!!!!
Here it is with a photo of the black tips. 20 minutes and they look much better then the stock unfinished tips.

Attachments

• image001MA31874984-0002.jpg
    image001MA31874984-0002.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 2012-02-1415.16.51.jpg
    2012-02-1415.16.51.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CONGRATS!!!

Love the look of the exhaust tips!

As for the Rhino Liner; I had it done to my rig and afterwards saw a vehicle with Line-X. If I had it to do all over again I would go with the Line-X. Looks evenly applied vs sprayed on. Rhino's texture is not consistant like Line-X would be.

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look's good, I pick mine up today. What kind of paint did you use for the exhaust? Also Line-X is way better than Rhino, more even like RaptorSCrew stated and seem's higher quality.

OP
OP
TRAPTOR

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CONGRATS!!!

Love the look of the exhaust tips!

As for the Rhino Liner; I had it done to my rig and afterwards saw a vehicle with Line-X. If I had it to do all over again I would go with the Line-X. Looks evenly applied vs sprayed on. Rhino's texture is not consistant like Line-X would be.

Thanks, I had the rhino liner on my 05 Screw and never had a problem with it. Got many compliments on it. They applied it evenly and it held up very well to my abuse. I had them spray 3/8" on the floor and 1/4" on the walls. I'm sure the Line X is also a good product but I'm gonna go with the Rhino again. I'll post pictures after it's done. Can you post a few of the Line X?

Here is my 05 Screw. It was a great truck!

Attachments

• 05 screw.jpg
    05 screw.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
OP
OP
TRAPTOR

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! What exactly did you use for the exhaust tips?

Went to the paint store and asked for a can of high heat black paint which is normally used on outdoor grilles and fireplaces. Total mod cost $8.00.
Step 1 clean the tips
step 2 tape off the exhaust pipe at the clamps for the tips
step 3 rough up the tips with 150 grit sandpaper
step 4 wipe everything clean
step 5 apply 2-3 coats of paint with a light sanding in between coats.
Done good to go in 1/2 hour.

Attachments

• raptor tips 2.jpg
    raptor tips 2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 168
  • raptor exhaust tips.jpg
    raptor exhaust tips.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 160
  • raptor exhaust 3.jpg
    raptor exhaust 3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally, I picked up my loaded Black Screw yesterday. It's all of what I've been waiting 4 1/2 months for but, that doesn't mean it's perfect. Did anyone else notice the light shining through the edges of the moonroof when the solid panel is closed? It was making me crazy so I performed the first of many mods to come. The easy fix was to add a pc of 1/4" foam weather stripping along the front edge, 5 minute job that solved that problem no more light.
Mod #2 was to replace the long antenna with a 14" stubby.
#3 I added a new ball hitch to protect the rear from old ladies parallel parking behind me.
#4 I painted the exhaust tips with high heat black paint.
#5 windows being tinted on friday.
#6 New XD series black rims next week.
#7 Rhino lining spray in bedliner 2 weeks.
#8 Pace Edwards bedlocker retractable bed cover 2 weeks.
and then I'll think about a tune.
Chaching $$$$ here we go again but I love it!!!!
Here it is with a photo of the black tips. 20 minutes and they look much better then the stock unfinished tips.

Have the same issue with my moonroof! Thanks for the tip
Love the Black ****! If not for the magnaflow catback with the polished tips i would have done the same!

Line-X is better in my opinion as well. Think about the rear fender wells. The warranty on the Line-X is like a "soft ****" - hard to beat!

OP
OP
TRAPTOR

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the Black ****! If not for the magnaflow catback with the polished tips i would have done the same!

Line-X is better in my opinion as well. Think about the rear fender wells. The warranty on the Line-X is like a "soft ****" - hard to beat!

Did you misspell the black tips on purpose? I like them too....

IRONMAN

Reaction score

You must have something else on your mind...lol
Looks great TRAPTOR.