only 2 raptors per dealer???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thePUNISHER

Reaction score
hi this is paul.... im new to the forum. i work at the dealer as a technician, mostly transmission work. im a lightning owner/junkie, but i am planning to order a 12 sometime in jan-feb. i was told by a salesman here that ford is only allowing dealers to order 2 raptors per model year....is this true? ive never heard this.....thanks.

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never heard of that and many dealers in Michigan have more than that sitting on the lot. I know that my Florida dealer had a few as well... They can order as they can get them, from what I know.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Randy around here works with 2 dealerships, my Tux Black Raptor was the 45th he sold since 2010, and next week(ish) ill be picking up the Molten Orange i traded for, and i think ill be the 70 or 80something on that one.... so no i dont believe so....

But! if your dealership is in a small area with a small new car sales number, your Allocations person might put you on a limited number. atleast i think thats how i was told it works...... alcohol gets in the way sometimes....

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps, the salesmen meant that his dealership has 2 allocated to sell off the lot. Most dealerships can order as many as they can sell.

OP
OP
T

thePUNISHER

Reaction score
Perhaps, the salesmen meant that his dealership has 2 allocated to sell off the lot. Most dealerships can order as many as they can sell.

we dont have any on the lot...... we are a pretty large dealership if i had to guess. .... i think this guy just doesnt know what hes even talking abouit.....

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not quite true, I have 15 2011 Raptor orders in the order bank that I coundn't get pulled or built. All were Sold Units.

Most dealers will only get 1 or 2 for the entire year. There's about 3400 Ford Dealers, and if each got 2 that would use up around 6000-7000 Raptors of the 10-11,000 that Ford SVT will build (for 2010 & 2011)
That LEAVES about 3000 FOR ME TO ORDER AND SELL.....................LOL

There's about 20 dealers in the country, that will get a chance @ 20-40 Raptors if they get the Sold orders into the system early enough. From past sales of the Raptor, they will get a bigger share for 2012.

randy

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we dont have any on the lot...... we are a pretty large dealership if i had to guess. .... i think this guy just doesnt know what hes even talking abouit.....

Like ALLOT of the lot prowlers .

Good ones far and few between.

OP
OP
T

thePUNISHER

Reaction score
Not quite true, I have 15 2011 Raptor orders in the order bank that I coundn't get pulled or built. All were Sold Units.

Most dealers will only get 1 or 2 for the entire year. There's about 3400 Ford Dealers, and if each got 2 that would use up around 6000-7000 Raptors of the 10-11,000 that Ford SVT will build (for 2010 & 2011)
That LEAVES about 3000 FOR ME TO ORDER AND SELL.....................LOL

There's about 20 dealers in the country, that will get a chance @ 20-40 Raptors if they get the Sold orders into the system early enough. From past sales of the Raptor, they will get a bigger share for 2012.

randy

so if i wait till february...i have a bleak chance of seeing it....???? whats your opinion here??