Nav System map update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, I'll order it and PM you before I install it.

Keep in mind, its completely legal to buy an item and then sell it for diminished value, but buying it and reproducing it would not be. (Legal Disclaimer as I have a relationship with Ford I would not dare jeopardize.)

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure, I'll order it and PM you before I install it.

Keep in mind, its completely legal to buy an item and then sell it for diminished value, but buying it and reproducing it would not be. (Legal Disclaimer as I have a relationship with Ford I would not dare jeopardize.)

How will you test to make sure it will work on infinite # of Raptors?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read the install instructions and they have a serialized installation number. Not sure how it validates it from the car, but they are serialized much like Microsoft Windows.

Yeah, I think I saw that somewhere as well. Which would be a deal breaker for us... I think it's still ridiculous for is making us pay $200 for this thing when the update was released only 3 months after my delivery date. :flipthebird:

giffordt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read the install instructions and they have a serialized installation number. Not sure how it validates it from the car, but they are serialized much like Microsoft Windows.

Bingo! I bought the 2013 update for my 2011 and it had a long serial number that had to be input and verified on the system in the truck. Tried giving it to my parents for their 2011 Fusion...NO WORKIE.

Granted there aren't many actual "road" updates, I think the biggest updates are for Points of Interest, etc. Good if you travel often but otherwise, ehhh. I probably would not do it again.

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on this update even though it's ridiculously over priced. I bought my 2012 in March 2012 so it has the 2011 maps on it. I skipped the 2012 update. I hope the POI database is better with this update. The 2011 version does not have a good POI database. More speed limits will be nice.

I still like my Garmin Nuvi much better. It's just not as convenient as the "always there" factory nav. I purchased LIFETIME updates for my Garmin for $80 or $90.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Waiting to see how it works...

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Bingo! I bought the 2013 update for my 2011 and it had a long serial number that had to be input and verified on the system in the truck. Tried giving it to my parents for their 2011 Fusion...NO WORKIE.

Granted there aren't many actual "road" updates, I think the biggest updates are for Points of Interest, etc. Good if you travel often but otherwise, ehhh. I probably would not do it again.

Send it to me and let me take a shot at making it work...

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe they would charge that much for a factory nav update. To be honest the aftermarket gps options are so much better for the same kind of money but the factory set up always works better with the other bells and whistles in the truck. I don't have the truck yet but I will probably end up paying for the update.:banghead:

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

GP@PPG

Reaction score
My danged Nav system is saying Left and Right when it's not a "Left" when It is "GD Right" That is a manufacturing defect and should be covered under warranty. I'll be ringing the dealer in the AM and see what's up, they messed up when I first bought the truck. The front Camera wasn't there and it was suppose to be. After saying there is nothing that can be done says "Ford" they tell me. So they were pretty shocked when I walked in the next AM with every part# and HOW to add it, software updates and all.
They have been kissing my ass since! lol So it's not just me...good stuff, but a pain in the arse.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My danged Nav system is saying Left and Right when it's not a "Left" when It is "GD Right" That is a manufacturing defect and should be covered under warranty. I'll be ringing the dealer in the AM and see what's up, they messed up when I first bought the truck. The front Camera wasn't there and it was suppose to be. After saying there is nothing that can be done says "Ford" they tell me. So they were pretty shocked when I walked in the next AM with every part# and HOW to add it, software updates and all.
They have been kissing my ass since! lol So it's not just me...good stuff, but a pain in the arse.

Good luck... I have tried and they will not give me the update. Called Ford hotline, Ford Navteq, and been to Wade Ford in Marietta 3 times with no help.