My review of 2012 vs 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 week review...
2012 Red Screw with 2400 miles...

2010 Scab Orange with 41000 miles...

Paint...

I really cant tell the difference of the orange and the red. They are so close in color the red looks like the orange 95% of the time only when you get close and look for the flake can you really see the diff...

Interior...
Most of it looks the same except I can see where Ford cheapened up the seats. The front seats in the 2010 have the fake leather all the way down the front part of the seat where your left and right calf are.
The 2012 front seats are cloth in the front...
The stainless looking trim in the 2012 look different but still look good... The 2010's have little perforations in them...

Suspension...
Here I can feel a difference. The difference is not that one is better than the other but, the 2010 Scab felt better balanced. I can really feel that extra 12in of length in the 2012 Screw... I can feel extra weight of the crew on fast turns, stopping... One thing I didnt feel at all was the wheel hop problem I had in the Scab. My 2010 Scab felt like the rear end was coming out when messing around off road... I didnt feel any wheel hop at all in the 2012Screw while at Silver Lake and I was racing running kinda hard along with hill climbing...

Performance & Towing...
My 2010 was a 5.4L with full SW exhaust, my own custom CAI w/K&N air filter and the 5star tuner.
The 2012 only has my custom CAI with a K&N filter...
They really are close on performance... The thing I really like on the 6.2L is the part throttle response!!! When entering the highway with the 5.4L you did need to put your foot into the throttle to get it moving.
The 6.2L is much smother and has great part throttle response... Just a touch of the throttle and you are moving nicely...
On WOT my modded 2010 and the 2012 felt very close in power...

Towing is where the 6.2L out performed the 5.4L greatly... I puled the same trailer(24ft enclosed) with the 5.4L the same way as the 6.2L... Both loaded with the same weight and me as the driver... I took the same route from Va to Mi and Mi to Va... The 6.2 fueled the same as the 5.4 did... and had plenty of extra power when I needed it... :cheers::winner_second_h4h:

Transmission...
Its a no brainer here... The 2012 is leaps and bounds better than the 2010!!! The only thing I didnt like on my 2010 was the effing trans!!!
The 2010 Scab banged into gear during a downshift and I could never get it to feel right... The 2012 is smooth and has nice downshifts!!! it gets a A+ for my grade...:waytogo:

I will add more as I get more miles on the 2012...

Over all I am very happy with my trade up to the 2012. I have no regrets at all.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Great review, it just makes it that much harder to hang on to my 2010 though, lol.

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Def like the review but have to say I like the fact that you own 2 raptors even better. I keep telling my wife that I want to get a 13 screw to go with the 12 scab and I really can't repeat what she says in reponse to that. I am going to keep at it until I break her though! Good right up and thanks for sharing.