Just secured a 2012 Raptor, what are the must have upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjklein4470

Reaction score
Ok, I just bought one of these trucks after looking at them for several months. I am going from a 500hp E63 wagon to a truck and I cant wait.

My son and I have been doing some motorcross he has a CRF 50 And I went for the Service Honda CR 500 AF. Daddy always gets the best toys.

So I am thinking I will need some tie downs in the bed, and I have been looking at these light bars, they look cool.

I am rambling but excited to have this bad ass truck. Might have to give Hennesy a look. OHHHHH no.

thanks,
Rob

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do a lot of motorcross, a cheap and easy mod is the dee zee easy down tailgate mod! I've heard a lot of good things about it. Other easy ones would be lighting, mud flaps and line x. Good luck and have fun!! :peace:

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck Nutz lol! :welcome:

I did 35W HID bulbs in stock housing first. the Nay-Sayers here will tell you not to do it because you will blind people. Its just not true with the Raptor. You can go with a pair of Ducati's sweet retro headlights if you are worried about it though.

Last edited:

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not so sure there are any "must have" upgrades.

But there sure are a lot of "try resisting this" upgrade(s).
Example: a catback exhaust for that personalized exhaust note (many choices from loud to fairly mild)

And there is my current addiction: suspension optimization

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free