Internal picture of the 2012 Torsen Front Axle Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just posted the link below on another thread but felt it would serve good to be posted in the open for all to see.

Granted, the link is about a month or so old....but maybe new to some members on here who have questions.

The link shows pictures (separate from the ones on Ford site) along with info. Pictures include multiple real time shots of the BLUE INTERIOR TRIM, An Internal shot of the Torsen Cam drive front locking diff system (instead of plates) along with good pic of the new exterior graphics (I'm not getting on mine) and pics of few other items like (ok ones) of the new wheels for 2012 models. Enjoy PS-sorry again if this link has already been submitted to the forum.

Ford Unveils Changes for 2012 F-150 SVT Raptor - PickupTrucks.com News

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm almost positive that this has been posted before at least once but I for one always enjoy looking at pics of the new ride and dreaming of the time when mine arrives!

OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to burst any bubbles but that's not a Torsen diff

Good call. Probably released the rear pic to throw us off....obviously. Plus, it sounds like Ford and Torsen had to custom design the front diff aka intellectual property until the truck becomes our property.

Basically, they dont want to release in photo view showing how it's done until the 2012's are built and begin blowing everything from Power Wagon's to Customs out of the water.

I have to admit...Ford has been smart and cautious about adding and releasing info, pics and options ever since the Raptor came out.

BTW--I just spoke to a guy today (Jeep Delaer to buy my SRT) and he said he almost went to work ford Ford Corporate in '09 (but didn't) and he said TODAY that back then "Ford was gearing up for big things with their new Raptor model and expected sales to double every year." I think he wishes he were still a Ford man....especially when I told him I just bought a Loaded 2012 Raptor! Haha *That's when he said he could have gotten me a 2012 for 5K less....ya right. Salesmen....gotta love 'em. PS--He offered me 10K less than Ford did for my trade! Again, salesmen AND Chrysler. :supergay: