It was inevitable....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airborne06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my new Tux Black SCREW last week...only have 100 miles on it. I took it back to the dealer today, because they promised to give the truck a good detailing. I have been over every square inch of this truck. Well, my "spider sense" told me to just detail the truck myself, but I let them do it. Lo and behold, I am now the owner of a Tux Black Raptor with a 5 inch scratch between the top of the rear wheel well and the bed side rail cover. I tried some Maguire's Scratch Out, and about half came out, with the remainder through the clear coat. !$$#@*#!
I called the salesman and told him...he claims they will "make it right"...but now I'm afraid they will make it worse. OK...just venting a little bit. Thanks for listening!

BTW...The kid who was doing the detailing was wearing a bracelet (woven) that had gemstones in it. I told the manager that folks detailing vehicles shouldn't be wearing bracelets or watches...DUH!

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh well at least ya got the first scratch out of the way

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if they claim to make it right give them the chance .....document everything ....if they dont make it right crush them!!!!!!:Jedi:....lol in all reality you have to give them the shot to make things right see what comes from that

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW...The kid who was doing the detailing was wearing a bracelet (woven) that had gemstones in it. I told the manager that folks detailing vehicles shouldn't be wearing bracelets or watches...DUH!

You know 6.2 is going to jump in and ask where the kid got the bracelet so he can go out and get one...

:peace: :hidesbehindsofa:

OP
OP
Airborne06

Airborne06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they claim to make it right give them the chance .....document everything ....if they dont make it right crush them!!!!!!:Jedi:....lol in all reality you have to give them the shot to make things right see what comes from that

With my luck the coconut with the buffing wheel will take it down to bare metal......the scratch is looking better all the time!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that sucks. don't try and mask the damage, clean the panel with rubbing alcohol and take it back. meguiars scratch-x is mostly fillers, so it only hides the scratch, it'll eventually wash out and your ugly scratch is right there in all it's glory. You can try compounding it to permanently remove it, but if it's really that bad, I'd demand they fix it the right way. 100 miles on the truck really sucks to already have it scratched.