How to Say "F U" to a BAD Dealer???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mesposito

Reaction score
First of all, 2012 tuxedo black purchased - has everything but bed step.

Now, onto one of my worst car purchased EVER. I must preface this by saying that I am 34 years old and in that short time I have been blessed enough to be able to purchase 44 new cars (I'm not saying that I have 44 cars - I am saying that I have purchased that many and have thus walked through a typical vehicle transaction 44 times). I currently own 2012 Ford Raptor, 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 2012 Audi A8L and 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo.

I had a 2011 Ford Raptor and was very impressed with it but I was mistakenly swept away by a 2012 Cadillac EXT (truck). I quickly became unhappy with the vehicle and decided I wanted to go back to a Raptor. I launched my quest to find one and without any thought I went to my closest Ford dealer (Koons Ford in Sterling, Virginia) where I originally purchased my 2011 model. I knew that they would have 1 or 2 Raptors in stock and I was ready to purchase.

I go in there, explain my situation, let them know that not only did I buy my 2011 Raptor at this dealership but I have bought 4 other vehicles. I let them know that I have my trade and the evaluating process unfolds. After the "used car manager" looked at the vehicle (owned for 3 months and it had 500 miles on it) he starts putting together a number. Now, the sticker on this car new is $71,000 (that's fully loaded). I owed $58,000 on the car. Having been through MANY auto transactions I know that the first number that comes out of the block isn't always the best one but it is fairly close to what you think it might be. Not this time. The offer - $38,000. For a 2012 Cadillac EXT, fully loaded with 500 miles on it.

To say I was pissed would be a huge understatement. There was no other customers in the dealership and my "salesman" was VERY green. I quickly asked him who at the managers desk had put that number on the car. He wouldn't answer. I immediately headed over to the desk and demanded to know who had come up with this price and how. No one would answer or look at me. I then reminded them of the fact that I purchased my 2011 Raptor here and four other new Ford cars (and they could look that up in there system to verify). I let them know that they had just lost my business. That offer was not the start of a negotiation - it was an insult. They told me "good luck trying to get a Raptor." I left PISSED.

Two days later I found myself at Sheehy Ford in Warrenton, Virginia. I walked into the dealership and told them I was interested in one of their Raptors. Had them look at my Cadillac and within 5 minutes they had put $60,000 on it. We negotiated a bit more and the deal was closed.

Even though I am elated to have my new Raptor I am still pissed at how Koons Sterling Ford handled the situation - especially to a 5 time repeat customer. I've been kicking around all the normal responses in my head - letter to owner, letter to sales manager, letter to Ford, etc. The one that really sticks in my head is to drive my new Raptor into the parking lot, hop out, go right up to the "manager's desk" and say "remember me...that's my 2012 Raptor...BIG mistake..." Or, do the same with my Lamborghini (still has new temp tags).

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My uncle had a ford dealership insult him before too. He has a 2009 Shelby GT500. The very next year the Raptor comes out and he was asking what they would give him for the shelby. They said the shelby dropped 15grand in one year. So he held off and kept the shelby and in 2011 he got his tuxedo black raptor and still has the shelby lol.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being as baller as you are. Here's what I would do in a step-by-step format:
1. Get 12 Brown Paper Bags
2. Take Shit in Each Brown Paper Bag
3. Put $18,000 in a Flame Retardant Ziploc in Each Bag
5. Install PA System on Raptor
5. Drive Truck to Dealer
6. Set Bags on Fire in Front of Dealer
7. Turn Scatman by Scatman John on Via Truck PA System
8. Sales People Run & Stomp Out Fire To Catchy Tune of Scatman John
9.Take Truck & Roll Over 12 New Focuses Once Fires Out
10. Tell Dealer to Suck Your Balls Via PA System
11. Drive Off
12. Dealer Realizes Fiery Bags had Shit & $18,000 in Each Bag.
13. Repost on Here Saying You Have Now Bought 56 New Vehicles, But Only Did 45 Transactions
14. #BOSS

Last edited:

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny, I was just insulted by a dealer nearby that my family and I have bought new Fords from. I left a nasty letter to the owner. I'm gonna make sure that when I get my Raptor, thats the first place I visit and throw it in their face.

akgsx2002

Reaction score
Being as baller as you are. Here's what I would do in a step-by-step format:
1. Get 12 Brown Paper Bags
2. Take Shit in Each Brown Paper Bag
3. Put $18,000 in a Flame Retardant Ziploc in Each Bag
5. Install PA System on Raptor
5. Drive Truck to Dealer
6. Set Bags on Fire in Front of Dealer
7. Turn Scatman by Scatman John on Via Truck PA System
8. Sales People Run & Stomp Out Fire To Catchy Tune of Scatman John
9.Take Truck & Roll Over 12 New Focuses Once Fires Out
10. Tell Dealer to Suck Your Balls Via PA System
11. Drive Off
12. Dealer Realizes Fiery Bags had Shit & $18,000 in Each Bag.
13. Repost on Here Saying You Have Now Bought 56 New Vehicles, But Only Did 45 Transactions
14. #BOSS

Bwahahaahhaaa :peace:

Yogurt Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I have been insulted on a trade allowance to. I think the most effective way would be to write poor reviews on foursquare, facebook, google ,etc.. I would also obtain a Ford survey from them. They really value these and what customers rate in there overall experience. my salesman at Mullinax Ford in Mobile, Al. asked me 10 times make sure to grade them perfect on the survey. This leads me to believe Ford seriously follows these grades and what input they receive from them.

Word of mouth is the best advertising..

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Don't tell em you have a trade until all the paperwork is ready to sign. They will give you what you want then

Did that when we bought my wife's morano. Beat them up on the price. Then at the last minute told em we had to go sell her civic outright before we could buy the car. They gave us 2500 for a 10 year old civic with 250k miles.

Banned
Reaction score
What do you do for a living....? Must be nice lol.

What I'd do is go there for an oil change, tell em you got a 2012 raptor, then just be all surprised "wai a minute, your the ******** who tried to **** me over. Didn't you also wish me luck trying to get a '12 raptor? Yeah, SEEYA"

Then of course you do a beautiful smokey burnout in their lot.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after buying 44 cars, you should be used to dealers lowballing trades. Its part of the deal process.

they have no clue why you are trading in a truck with 500 miles on it (maybe they don't remember you, and want to to go away cause they think you are ******* with them)

You're going to a Ford dealer, where most people are trading up farther down the road, not at 500 miles.