Factory sound system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Indeed BDRAG. I have a 64Gb flash drive ready for install once my truck arrives so I'll have my entire music collection on hand. I don't really plan on ever even using the CD player all that often. Don't really see a need to between the ability to rip a CD to the unit and the music from iTunes on my flash drive.

The days of having my CD's on the visor and all over the car are long gone. In fact, when I moved in July I gave all my CD's to goodwill (over 500 of them). I'm all digital now.

~BGM

what kind of hard rive do you have how hard is it will it be to install i would love to do this

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of hard rive do you have how hard is it will it be to install i would love to do this

I went with a flash drive since I wanted to keep it small and stay flash based to mitigate any vibration induced failures that you may get with a traditional HDD.

Here's what I have... Newegg.com - Patriot Supersonic Magnum 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Model PEF64GSMNUSB

I have the USB cables to run it into the center console and will just keep it in there. Easy access.

~BGM

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Using usb2 and hdd verses jukebox is the way to go.. A lot more music and you dont have to spend a lifetime ripping music to jukebox.

-Greg

I am old though and it took me HOURS just to figger out how to download the cd's. It takes about 10 minutes for a CD to download. You can just listen and record at the same time, then its there. Old dude with old habbits! AHhahaaaaaa. It is nice though if a friend has a new CD and will let you pull a few songs off of it.

BDRAG

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am old though and it took me HOURS just to figger out how to download the cd's. It takes about 10 minutes for a CD to download. You can just listen and record at the same time, then its there. Old dude with old habbits! AHhahaaaaaa. It is nice though if a friend has a new CD and will let you pull a few songs off of it.

BDRAG

It not a 8 track! Lol

-Greg

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
It not a 8 track! Lol

-Greg

HAHhaaa. Don't laugh! I pulled an old box out from under a bathroom sink while changing out all the faucets. In this box were some of my old 8 Track! AHhahaaaaaaa. Are they worth anything? A few are Quadraphonic! HAhaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
this is the first vehicle i have ever owned that i didn't do anything to the sound system(yet) but honestly this Sony system is NOT BAD. those who complain about it are either audiophiles or they don't have it adjusted correctly. it will thump and the high's are pretty crisp.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
As long as the highs are decent, I'm good with it.

it sounds good don't worry. there's no distortion or clipping at high volumes and i usually play my music loud...so far i haven't blown any of the speakers after 34k miles. some of the guys around here are hard to please :hidesbehindsofa:

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

if you haven't done it yet read my thread:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/adjustment-better-sound-34/