Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Tech Forums > 2012 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

2012 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)

Do you have to pay msrp to buy a raptor?

This is a discussion on Do you have to pay msrp to buy a raptor? within the 2012 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only) forums, part of the Ford Raptor Tech Forums category!
4-5 months wait time...haha. Rediculous. It was 2-3 months wait time back in early November fyi. So expect it to ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

4-5 months wait time...haha. Rediculous. It was 2-3 months wait time back in early November fyi. So expect it to change yet again. I bought based on the 2-3 month MAX wait time. Weak Ford, Weak.

Im just about @ month 4 waiting so I can vouch....and its still 1-2 weeks away minimum.

Just wait to buy if you are thinking of ordering a 2012 and go to a lot this summer selling 2012's for invoice instead. You will wait the same mount of time either way and if you get buyers remorse 3 months into the wait...you can back out wth no loss. You will also be buying from your local dealer aka establish a service relationship.

Plus, you would get it same day, still get a better deal than I got, and you dont have to get engaged to your salesman for half a year....whom of which I terminated the "engagement" with my salesman yesterday after more BS came flying from his mouth towards me personally. He's just lucky he is 1K miles away.

Now I just wait solo, get my truck sometime in 2012, and then I'm finally F'n done. Was it worth the wait thus far for the Raptor + all the mess mixed in, at this point, HELL NO!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

Lord of the Raptors

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I paid 38k for my loaded 5.4. i think sticker was 43k. Funny thing is the same dealership has a truck just like mine for sale on the used lot with 38,000 miles and they are asking 43k...
treypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #13 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

I ordered my 2011. Paid pure invoice.

Sticker: $46,615

I paid: $42,000.

If you pay a dime more than $500 over invoice, you paid to much!
Big Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

Ordered from Randy. Could not have asked for a better experience with a dealer, Randy is a friend, not a salesman!

M.HYDE - 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, 789/871, 09.88 @ 139.66
D.JEKL - 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, 372/450, 13.59 @ 100.95 - SOLD
GEN.0L - 1985 XL F-150, 1994 Lightning 5.8L Donor Engine Swap
Reptar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rock and Roll Offroad

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quicksand who did you order thru?

Old 02-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Maxx2893 View Post
Quicksand who did you order thru?
I will feel much more comfortable posting just the Dealer name once I take delivery HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK?!!

It wasn't Randy btw...Randy rules from everything Ive read on this forum and Im jealous I didnt get his help and his pricing--but owell. Such is life. I've simmered down now (needed a full day).

I also see a clear difference now in SVT and Ford. Let's face it guys....SVT is the real reason we are buying an F150. I know if it wasnt a Raptor....I wouldnt be buying an F150 via any other model Ford makes for that class.

Good luck to all of those thinking of ordering. I just hope mine finally arrives b/t now and middle of next week and who knows if my dealer will even tell me based on ZERO contact today.

PS-Ford profits up 7% in January...the guy who said Ford wouldn't care whether I stayed or left just know I'm a part of that 7% bc I signed my deal in January '12. This news, however, was trumped by Chrysler today as C. posted profits from last year for the first time in 12 years!!

Old 02-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ford Professional

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
I will feel much more comfortable posting just the Dealer name once I take delivery HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK?!!

It wasn't Randy btw...Randy rules from everything Ive read on this forum and Im jealous I didnt get his help and his pricing--but owell. Such is life. I've simmered down now (needed a full day).

I also see a clear difference now in SVT and Ford. Let's face it guys....SVT is the real reason we are buying an F150. I know if it wasnt a Raptor....I wouldnt be buying an F150 via any other model Ford makes for that class.

Good luck to all of those thinking of ordering. I just hope mine finally arrives b/t now and middle of next week and who knows if my dealer will even tell me based on ZERO contact today.

PS-Ford profits up 7% in January...the guy who said Ford wouldn't care whether I stayed or left just know I'm a part of that 7% bc I signed my deal in January '12. This news, however, was trumped by Chrysler today as C. posted profits from last year for the first time in 12 years!!
Hey Quicksand, PM me your Vin # . You say you signed your deal, did your dealer report the sale to Ford? (RDR) If not, you NEED TO MAKE THEM redue your paperwork. Your Warr starts the day they report the sale to Ford. AND YOUR ORDER INFO can drop out of the system??

randy

I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God, than in church thinking about my motorcycle. ~unknown~
-----------
2008 Harley Softail Custom 105th Aniv Limited Edition
2006 Harley F-250 Black w/Blue Flames
1.3 million miles OTR and still Truckin!!
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, thank a soldier.
HARLEY6LF250SDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #18 (permalink)

Originally Posted by HARLEY6LF250SDU View Post
Hey Quicksand, PM me your Vin # . You say you signed your deal, did your dealer report the sale to Ford? (RDR) If not, you NEED TO MAKE THEM redue your paperwork. Your Warr starts the day they report the sale to Ford. AND YOUR ORDER INFO can drop out of the system??

randy
Randy, thanks for the info.

My contract was dated middle January '12 so I assume Ford has it. Everything has been in line up until the debacle yesterday.

I gave my VIN to SVT on Monday so they could track it and it (Raptor) was waiting to be loaded on rail in Dearborn at any time--all ok otherwise from SVT.

The Warranty part (as well as my tag start date etc) will all become factors at delivery pending my mood/late fees pending how long I have to continue waiting. If I dont take delivery by Friday 2/17.....not sure what I'll do aside from talking with Ford Corp as that will be over one month since signing the deal and 4 months from order date to delivery in terms of weeks ie 16 yet I was told (not promised to the dealers credit) it could arrive as soon as week 11.

Im not so much worried about losing a month on the warranty....especially bc I can get any warranty type for auto at cost thru my company in TX. We provide "best-A" rated warranty products for auto dealers worldwide fyi. I know F&I so well....Im helping to reinvent the approach with regards to aftermarket products.

The only concern I have in your update is the part about my order dropping out of the system...please elaborate. If I ordered the vehicle, I signed, notarized and returned the contract along with confirmed dealer receipt of the signed contract.....how could my order at this late stage suddenly fall out of the system?

For Heaven's sakes, please dont scare me so soon after yesterday on something as serious as my truck literally disappreaing considering the fact that its now a tangible object seeing as its already built with a VIN. How in the hell could it disapprear? Again, please advise. *Im also an auto theft investigator and really would like to know more about this....simply in terms of a VIN/Vehicle "floating off".

Hearing another 1-3 weeks delay in delivery yesterday along with my salesman and I no longer on good terms thanks to him....my truck now possibly flying to Raptor Heaven before it even lands....DUDE NOT COOL AND PLEASE CLAIRIFY.
V2iper likes this.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Got my 2011 for 2K under MSRP and waited about ten weeks after ordering. Don't be put off by the horror stories.
Truck Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #20 (permalink)

Ostrich Wrangler

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Bought May 2010 on the lot. Sticker $46,000. Paid $46,000 after taxes and everything. They bumped my trade in value up $5000 over bluebook/nada