Deiveshaft/rear end clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it helps to put my truck in to neutral before putting into park when on a slight incline letting is roll a bit before putting it into park so not as much pressure on what ever the pressure is on let me know if it helps or if I'm nut's

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it helps to put my truck in to neutral before putting into park when on a slight incline letting is roll a bit before putting it into park so not as much pressure on what ever the pressure is on let me know if it helps or if I'm nut's

Great advice... Just tried it... Put the truck in neutral, then applied e brake, then park... No clunk/bang! Thank you!

-Greg

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never park on an incline without going to neutral and then applying the parking brake and then going to park.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never apply the parking brake and have never had a problem maybe I would if it is more than 2% grade I might think about it that is the nice thing about thees trucks I park on a 1% grade all the time wish it was flat but what do you do I like that app so now I know.

Rubare

Reaction score
i encounter similar issues, it usually happened when changing gear from drive to reverse(parking usually) there is a series of clicks and ticking sound coming from the tranny/rear diff.. i cant pint point it, i was thinking about taking to the stealership to hear their response but more than likely they will give me some ******** response. Does anyone have any idea of what could that be?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i encounter similar issues, it usually happened when changing gear from drive to reverse(parking usually) there is a series of clicks and ticking sound coming from the tranny/rear diff.. i cant pint point it, i was thinking about taking to the stealership to hear their response but more than likely they will give me some ******** response. Does anyone have any idea of what could that be?

I've heard this before. When you are backing up, are you turning? SCAB or SCREW? What year? I think there is a tsb for this.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little belated on the response but I'm just now starting to notice this on my 2012 SCREW. I've been doing some research and found a lot of people say it's the driveshaft slip yoke needing grease. There's even a YouTube video showing it in good detail. I'm going to ask around and see if an aftermarket driveshaft, like the one offered by JDM Engineering, will solve this.