Dealer massive mark up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckyo9

Reaction score
My local deAler wants 63k for fully loaded raptor when msrp is 53k another raptor listed at same dealer for 70k with 54k msrp. How hard of a time would I get to paying 50k otd? I have the cash to pay straight out but don't wanna pay over 50k fully loaded screw. Any ideas or help?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Out the door you will NOT get a fully loaded SuperCrew for $50k. Even invoice for a fully loaded SuperCrew is more than $50k. Start cutting some options out or keep dreaming

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
My local deAler wants 63k for fully loaded raptor when msrp is 53k another raptor listed at same dealer for 70k with 54k msrp. How hard of a time would I get to paying 50k otd? I have the cash to pay straight out but don't wanna pay over 50k fully loaded screw. Any ideas or help?

When I sold motorcycles alot of people did not realize that OTD. (out the door) includes taxes, title, BS dealer prep fee's, etc..

So fully loaded for 50 is highly highly doubtful. Especially depending on you local tax rate and fees. We felt pretty awesome about getting ours at 50,026 OTD with everything but Nav and graphics.

Also a misconception about paying cash. One of the way dealerships make their money is on your financing. This truck is hot, and they could easily sell it or trade with another dealership...hence the mark up at your local one.

good luck

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are the numbers for you...

Invoice:
Crew cab $41077
55L Lux Pack. $2465
55G box graph $892
55R Hood graph $747
58N Nav $2050
63E Bed Ext. $208
63T Tail Step $311
76F Frnt&Rr camera $436
43M Power Moonroof $826
4B Blue Int Accent $623

Finally, delivery & dest. fee $995

Total invoice: $50,630

As you can see, TTL is not included in invoice... You're looking at a couple grand more than that OTD.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
given that dealer's markup, find another dealer...

x2 -

As for $50k out the door for a fully loaded SCrew - Not going to happen - Maybe preowned but no way on new regardless of where you go.

With that said, you should be able to find one for invoice or a little over. But at the most - $3000 back of MSRP from RANDY and that's worse case scenerio.

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 -

As for $50k out the door for a fully loaded SCrew - Not going to happen - Maybe preowned but no way on new regardless of where you go.

With that said, you should be able to find one for invoice or a little over. But at the most - $3000 back of MSRP from RANDY and that's worse case scenerio.

With a deposit, and a couple months wait for an ordered truck to come in.

Just sayin..

And for the OP, buckyo9, try the last day of the month, or better yet last day of the quarter ( Mar 31, June30, Sept 30, Dec 31 ), and that will at least tell you if the delaer is willing to negotiate.

Last edited:

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can find a brand new 2011 leftover you might get it for 52k