ASK before you order! Allocation is EVERYTHING!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been a lurker for quite a while and now want to share what I have found out by reading all the posts on order time and my experience.

I am using a dealer that I think is up front about everything about my Raptor order.

I went in on Feb 7th to make my order. The dealer told me at that time that he would not be actually be placing my order until the 1st week of March due to his allocation and other Raptors he already had ordered.

In writing up the order on his computer, he was able to tell me that the scab version that I wanted would take about a week longer than a screw but that was fine with me. He was also able to tell me that if I had the factory install the LineX bed liner it would cost me 2 additional weeks and that he could/would do the lineX for the same price as the factory and save that 2 weeks.

One of the reasons I choose this dealer is because he was upfront with me about order dates. The 2 other dealers I talked to would not give me a concrete date as to when the order would go in. They said they would "order it that day" but when questioned about their allocation, I started getting the run around.

I placed my order on Feb 7th and was given the standard vehicle order confirmation with an order# and Dealer# but he told me that the order was not really "in" and he would get back to me with a new confirmation sheet with the "true" order number in March.

On March 7th my dealer sent me a new vehicle order confirmation sheet with a new order # on it. On March 14th I recieved a VIN# and today, I got a build date of April 2nd from SVT.

I see all the horror stories posted here about the length of delivery on Raptors and in my opinion, it sure sounds like dealer allocation is everything! Seems to me that if you are going to order a Raptor, the question you need to ask the dealer is where does his allocation stand. From that, you should be able to find out the "TRUE" order date of your truck. Once that order gets in to Ford, it seems to go like clockwork!

I hope this helps someone. I know I can't wait, with an actual build date from Ford, I can start counting down the days and start looking at ordering mod's!

Ingot Silver SCREW
Box Graphics
Luxury Package
Moonroof
Sony Navigation

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also believe allocation has a lot to do with it, but it isn't everything. SVT has had my true order in their system since I placed my order in Oct 11'. They were upfront on the timeline based on order and dealer priority number. Not to mention there are a lot of orders out there. Mine has been built and is just awaiting shipment now and it is sticking to the timeline that I was given from my dealer from day 1.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So true,I got the same build date April 2nd!

pkolanko

Reaction score
My dealer had no allocation, but was hoping the Raptor got picked up for production like a regular F-150, which it did. Ordered Feb 9th and being built Mar 28. They said 8-10 weeks, which looks about right, but I think I just got lucky. I agree, allocation is the key. I couldn't imagine ordering a vehicle in Oct and not getting it until Apr. That is just ridiculous!

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer had no allocation, but was hoping the Raptor got picked up for production like a regular F-150, which it did. Ordered Feb 9th and being built Mar 28. They said 8-10 weeks, which looks about right, but I think I just got lucky. I agree, allocation is the key. I couldn't imagine ordering a vehicle in Oct and not getting it until Apr. That is just ridiculous!

you got lucky. First thing I do is ask if they have allocation.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Congrats! That is a very quick order.

The only thing that sounds off to me is that I'm not aware of Line-X being applied at the factory or being an option. Sounds like he was just trying to up-sell you on the bed coating applied by the dealership.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats! That is a very quick order.

The only thing that sounds off to me is that I'm not aware of Line-X being applied at the factory or being an option. Sounds like he was just trying to up-sell you on the bed coating applied by the dealership.

you can, the first one i ordered i was to have a spray in bed liner. its part of the f-150 options, just needs to ba added in. i had it on my order sheet and everything, but then the NAV and Radio fiasco happened and that got me in touch with Randy. i think for the early part of 2012 orders they didnt allow the spray in option..... i think i remember reading that... but im drunk, so i could be wrong.