Alarm is on message?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Too busy enjoying my new Screw to post lately. :)

On a few occasions, I have entered the truck via the Driver's side door, and had a message on the center monitor indicating that the "Alarm is on..." and have to put the key in the ignition in the start position to disarm.

I have also installed a new remote car starter and keep getting the same message. Not a huge concern, but if someone enters another door other than the driver's, the horn starts sounding. Can't seem to find any information in the owner's manual(s).

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

OP
OP
northernraptor2012
Reaction score
Excellent question. Guess I could have included this in my initial post. It is a 2 way remote system by Autostart. This is the second vehicle/Ford that I have had this remote started installed in with not problems. Krown Rustrproofing installs the unit and I have never heard of any issues with these. My concern is, I had this same "Alarm is on" message on several occasions even before I had the remote started installed.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
autostart is a DEI product. the fact that you had the security light on before the install tells me that you might have a problem regarding to oem alarm system.
what year truck?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are you opening the door with a key? that will make it arm. if you use the key pad or remote it shouldn't do it.