Air Conditioner Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bikeme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2012 SCAB. About 5 seconds after a cold start the air conditioner compressor / clutch makes a terrible metal to metal grinding slipping squealing sound. Dealer states that this is normal due to the a/c unit being mounted down low and having a hard time getting started due to the pump filling up with oil. Anybody else have the sound after cold starts?

KeithS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard anything like that from my '12. I think you need a new dealer...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Skinfxr

Reaction score
A/C noise

I have a 2011 ford Limited with 6.2L motor. I had the same issue with that noise. My dealer changed the compressor and tinkered with it for 2 weeks and never got it fixed. He finally inquired from ford home office and he showed me the email from ford that essentially says exactly what you say. It also states that if the owner wants to prevent this "he can turn off the A/C when turning off the vehicle and turn it back on once underway again." not much of an option if you ask me. This is definitely a problem I think ford needs to address. I have been assured that it doesn't harm the motor or the A/C but it is loud enough to be embarrassing--Russell

TuckerTravis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2012 SCAB. About 5 seconds after a cold start the air conditioner compressor / clutch makes a terrible metal to metal grinding slipping squealing sound. Dealer states that this is normal due to the a/c unit being mounted down low and having a hard time getting started due to the pump filling up with oil. Anybody else have the sound after cold starts?

Same thing happens with my 2012 Screw. Haven't takin it to dealer yet once I do ill let yall know if they fix mine.

OP
OP
B

bikeme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turning off the a/c before shutting off the truck doesn't seem to cure the problem with my truck.