2012 SVT Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Front and rear over hang is too big. Broncos are more of a rock crawler type vs baja. So It will need a solid front axle with lockers with at least the travel of the raptor.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Front and rear over hang is too big. Broncos are more of a rock crawler type vs baja.

How do you figure? A lot of guys have Bronco's as prerunner's down in Mexico as well as in the state's.

img_4950.jpg
IMG_8716-Copy.jpg
whitesamurai021.jpg
prerunner-bronco.jpg

prerunner-bronco2.jpg

01_z1980_ford_broncooffroading_passenger_side_view.jpg

GJMcManus- It will never get built and that's a shame. IMO the Raptor Bronco would out sell the Raptor truck

Attachments

• Bronco not posted3.jpg
    Bronco not posted3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Damien_Jeffries_Bronco2.jpg
    Damien_Jeffries_Bronco2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 147
  • BadAss 85 Bronco2.jpg
    BadAss 85 Bronco2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Bronco in Mexico.jpg
    Bronco in Mexico.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Bronco.jpg
    Bronco.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 230

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
How do you figure? A lot of guys have Bronco's as prerunner's down in Mexico as well as in the state's.

i think what he means is that a "high speed desert" off road truck doesn't exactly embody what the original Bronco was marketed as. It's strengths stock were in the mud and on the rocks. As such, I would expect any Bronco revival to be more of the mud terrain type.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't the new addition of torsen front diff and spotter camera, be more bronco-ish?
Just add (working) electric disconnecting swaybar and built in winch.

And for the old guys manual locking front hubs... :p

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not every Pre-Runner was a FORD...

I Custom built this 1976 4X4 Blazer for myself to Pre-Run Baja, the Mint 400, the Parker 400 and other races while working at PPI (Precision Preparation Inc.) in 1984. It started out as a 76' 4X4 and I converted it into a 2X4 like the Class 8 Race Truck we were racing at the time. In fact a lot of the suspension parts as well as the engine and transmission were interchangeable with the race truck if needed. It was a Small Block 400ci, Turbo 400 Trans and a 12 Bolt Detroit Locker rear end. I also built the Ford Truck on the cover of OFF ROAD MAGAZINE for a client as a Pre-Runner. I did all my truck fab work after hours while we were building and racing shop vehicles (TOYOTA RACE TEAM) for Ivan Stewart, Steve and Rod Millen as well as Robby Gordon. Does anyone remember, the Mickey Thompson Stadium Short Course Racing. What about Ivan blazing through the Desert in his Toyota?

Gary-Magazine.jpg

Gary-Mamouth-Jump-1.jpg