Thanks Santa, ICON and Outlaw!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mamba, I might be needing to update my wishlist to include Outlaw spindle gussets! Are they supposed to help us big air jumpers minimize torquing that next weakest link?

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mamba, I might be needing to update my wishlist to include Outlaw spindle gussets! Are they supposed to help us big air jumpers minimize torquing that next weakest link?

Apparently, the factory spindle and factory UCA under full compression can slowly bend and twist the spindle ear - I assume this is what happened to mine and happens quite a bit per Outlaw, ICON and others I have talked to. You decided to bend yours quickly on one jump - ha. Aftermarket UCAs somehow redirect the stress on the spindle ear (engineering blah blah blah ...) and minimize the problem. The gussets for the spindles are just extra protection. The incremental cost for the gussets and welding labor was minimal. I had to buy new spindles anyway, so I just let Outlaw get the spindles, weld on the gussets and send them to me.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ICON 3.0s, new spindles with Outlaw gussets, and Outlaw UCAs installed.

My spindles were definitely bent. Before today's install, -1.0 camber or so on both sides with the LCAs pulled all the way in. Tonight, the truck has visual positive camber. Alignment in the morning. Looking forward to getting the truck in spec. Need to find Pirate Air's alignment post.

2013-01-16_15-44-49_478.jpg

2013-01-16_16-37-50_980.jpg

Last edited: